TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ward Memorial Party 5/26/2008


We had a great Ward Party at the Bear Creek Clubhouse. What a fun way to spend the day with great friends and family. We even had to make a couple of runs for more food as people just kept coming! We had well over 150 people in attendance.

Pictured here are some of our darling ward member friends..Xela, Lauren and their darling kids.


Dad in his goofy hat and Grant taking in some rays!












Elders Quorum Cooks:

These are our "Mighty Cooks "! Jeff and Nate did a great job grilling for the whole Ward. It was HOT... HOT... HOT and so are they as you can see from this picture! Can we say Buff??








LOST AND FOUND:
After the great Ward Party we came home and all went our separate ways..The boys ( Tyler and Blake went to mow yards, Steve and I and Grant all crashed on the sofas while watching a movie and Kaylee and Camille took the dog Tex for a walk) After the boys got home from mowing and had showered and eaten Tyler became concerned that the girls were not home yet. Steve and I were still groggy and not quite awake when Tyler decided to send out a search and rescue party to look for them. He and Blake hit the streets on their bikes and Steve and I and Grant went out in the squad car. After they were gone for what seemed to be about 2 hours and our searching was approaching 45 minutes we all started to be become concerned! Trying NOT to alarm people we started to call ward members that were in the area to see if maybe they had seen the girls. Of course they (Christine) were ready to start their search as well. Fearing the we were loosing daylight (it was almost 7 PM) I was seconds for calling the police for help when the girls called to see where everyone was.....They had been home safe and sound and COOL the whole time upstairs watching a movie!! It was a fun little practice rescue mission for the whole family.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

What a fun party! It turned out so great! Yummy food, wonderful people & a swimming pool...what could be better?

Those are some fine looking cooks you had there (I'm partial to the one on the left, of course). :) They did a great job!

I love the "search and rescue" story. That is too funny! Okay, I'm sure it wasn't at the time, but it is now, right? :)

texaswilliams said...

Can I post a comment on my own blog? This is a test! Ok I am just learning..........

Xela said...

The party was so much fun, you did a great job planning it. I couldn't believe how the people just kept coming! I think it is one of the favorite parties for everyone!

I am with Lauren very cute cooks, I myself like the one on the right, "hottie" lol. They did a great job. How many burgers did they end up cooking?

Glad everyone was safe and sound! :)

Melanie said...

oh my gosh you about had me having a heart attack with that post! the whole time i'm all, "where are the girls, why haven't i heard about this, are they going to be okay??" you could be a suspense writer!! great pictures, your blog is looking great girlfriend:)

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones