TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy 23rd Birthday Carly!

I can hardly believe that my little girl is 23 today!  Boy, I know it is a cliche but 
TIME REALLY DOES FLY!  
This is the darling note that Steve e-mailed Carly for her birthday.  He cc me and it made me smile.  
Carly,
Happy birthday. I woke-up thinking of you and remembering myself being in the delivery room with mom and you 23 years ago, and being nervously unsettled about all that was going on there. (Are you impressed that I remembered this? If so, don’t get used to it as it seems I’m forgetting everything else these days.) You were a sweet little thing then and have been a joy to us ever since. As a child your personality was very interesting. I couldn’t get over how calm you were; no high-highs or low lows, just incredibly even and steady. Everyone loved you - and you didn’t have to do anything to earn it except sit there, observe, and look pretty.

My birthday wish is that you enjoy the same calm in your advanced age of 23. I hope it’s a happy day for you.
With love and wishes,

Dad

Happy Birthday Carly!  What a blessing you have been to our family! We love you. 

2 comments:

tiki_lady said...

awe, that's the sweetest letter. I remember her at three and yes! she was perfect and beautiful! Happy birthday to her too.

Joel and Carly Goodman said...

awww... i just saw this post!! thanks parents! love you guys!

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones