TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Saturday, August 6, 2011

Strathmore Rodeo 8-2011


Last year Steve found this great little rodeo in a city about an hour away from where we live.  We had planned to go again this year. We were a little wishy washy that day but in the end we ended up going.  I am glad we did.   It was a day packed full of events but we had a blast.  We went with friends to the Millerville Farmers Market, then we headed to their parents house to swim.  Grant loved that and I must say that you do not see many outdoor swimming pools in Calgary so that was a treat. Then we all headed to Strathmore for the chuck wagon races.  If you have never seen them it is a real treat!    

Here they are doing the running with the bulls.  just like in Spain!
 Honestly I think you need to be a little crazy to do this.
 One kid even got trampled and got up and ran again.
 I would have liked to know how he felt that night...
and all for $1000...I think not! 

They had a group of three young kids wrestle these wild horses.
 The rule is that one of the team members has to get on the horse.
 It was entertaining.
Steve and Grant loved the chuck wagon races and
 would try to pick the winners each time.
  Grant was pretty good at picking the winner.
They went very fast.  it was amazing none got hurt!

At the home stretch!
 It was a long day and we were all tired when we got home but I am sure it will be on the calendar for next year.

No comments:

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones