Family
The only e-mail I got this week was from the bank telling me how much money I have left for the rest of the month....So long story short I can not contain my excitement from all the updates ha ha.
(We were traveling along the West Coast in Oregon and did not have Internet...it was not from lack of trying to e-mail him!)
I hope everyone had a well played Christmas. I forgot to mention in the phone call that the Mosses invited 6 of us missionaries over for Christmas. That is where I was when you called me. It was pretty exciting because they somehow got a hold of a Turkey, so we had a Christmas turkey dinner! It is safe to say that this Christmas was much more exciting than last Christmas.
Thank you very much for the presents that you sent. You have learned very well that when you send me a package you should include things for the others in the flat who do not ever get packages. I think about 50% of our zone got nothing for Christmas, and out of the other 50% that did, most of them did not wait until Christmas to open the packages. Elder Zondi and Elder Nxati (2 of the 4 in our flat) did not get anything, so it was good you sent multiple gifts.
Grant caught me off guard yesterday when he asked what the most exciting animal I have seen is. I answered snakes, but that is a false answer. I have decided that the answer to that question is definitely African Bugs. Every time I go to Molepolole (one of the other villages in our zone), I am welcomed in by HUGE bugs. For example, I was there last week doing interviews with my companion. We decided that we would have to stay the night, so long story short I was brushing my teeth when I looked out the window and saw a shadow of what I thought was two of the worlds largest spiders next to each other. Naturally I opened the window and a HUGE beetle started to climb through the window! I called for Elder Scanlan (the only missionary I know who is scared of bugs, so they put him in Molepolole) and he went crazy! This beetle was about 1/2 to 3/4 the size of my fist! As the beetle was climbing through the window Elder Scanlan was yelling "OH MY GOSH!!! DO SOMETHING!!!!". I caught it and the other Elders got some pictures. It was so big that you could see its facial expressions! So yea...I would have to say that crazy African bugs are the most exciting thing.
I also have a letter for Grant that I put together this morning. Keep an eye out for that.
Well, I don't really have too much to add sense we spoke last night, but It was good to talk to everyone! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Love you all
Elder Blake Williams
Friday, December 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment