HECTIC week!
Let’s see, updates from the week:-Elder Zondi (my Kenya companion) lost 2 years of his memory the Monday before I left.
-I feel like I am in a new mission because I was sent to a super cheese boy (very very rich) area called Centurion
-I have had a hectic week because we are trying opening up a new are in the zone for 2 of the elders but somehow they did not have a flat or anything arranged for them? go figure...
-I am back in the same flat with Elder Hughes
-We got a new fridge that has a happiness dispenser (you can get water out the front of it like in America)
Rewind back to Elder Zondi- Monday, the day before transfers we had to run to gabs to arrange for all the missionaries to be car pooled down to South Africa. We went out to eat and then printed some pictures before going to the chapel to wait for the sister missionaries to bring a car that we needed. While there, there were some other missionaries playing soccer in the gym and I convinced Elder Zondi to play some soccer with me since this would be our last chance to play together and we had never played together. During the game he was acting as goalie when another missionary shot the ball super hard and it smacked him right in the face. I think this knocked him out because he did a lifeless 360 right before falling flat on his face. Naturally we ran over to see if he was OK and it was obvious that he had been shaken up a bit, but all looked fine so he walked off to get a breather. A few minutes later an elder from our flat went to check on him and could tell something was wrong so I ran to the bathroom but once I got in he immediately looked at me and was scared to death of me (I have been working out, but I didn't think it kicked in that well yet). I could tell something was wrong so we immediately arranged with a few missionaries to figure out where the hospital was. Meanwhile he had no idea what was going on. He was speaking in Zulu and said he did not recognize anyone. I used my nascar skills and got a car, we got a couple missionaries that spoke Zulu and got them in the car. Elder Zondi had NO clue who I was, or anyone else for that matter, but I was his companion so he was supposed to know who I was. On the way to the hospital we realized how bad it really was. He thought that it was Sunday January 2010. He vividly remembered what was going on a few minutes before he was hit, and even what he did with his friends the night before. The only problem was that it was two years ago! It goes without saying but he was very scared and would not believe that he was a missionary, that he was in Botswana, that he had ever seen me before, etc. We finally convinced him to get to the hospital (which was a challenge in and of itself because he hates hospitals more than anything...even back then) In the hospital, they of course made us wait for a bit but during this time he was not happy with us and he kept bagging us to just let him call his family to really see it he was supposed to be on a mission. It was really sad when he asked to call him mother. It scared me for a bit because his mother passed away when he was 11, but after a couple seconds he realized that his mother was no longer living.
The humor part out of all this craziness was that while waiting for the doctor he pulled out his white handbook and was looking at the front page which is personal information on it. It asks if you are taking any prescriptions or if you are allergic to anything. He started to read where it said ""Prescriptions: Book of Mormon, Preach my Gospel, New Testament… Allergic to anything? Yes, False Prophets". When he read this he looked up and said confusingly "That is my hand writing, but why would I write such stupid stuff!" It was intense and to keep him from freaking out I had to talk to him about stuff I knew he enjoyed from back home. The hospital took a scan and gave him some pills and said he would slowly get his memory back.
We took him to the Botswana mission home and set up a bed for him. Long story short (because I am very short on time), I did not really sleep that night and they said I was supposed to stay in Botswana until he got his memory back. I was supposed to wake him up every hour to make sure he was fine. At about 4:45 am he fell out of bed and hit the night stand where he gained back his 2 years of lost memory, and lost the last 15 hours of confusion. I then made him some breakfast and tried to convince him that he lost 2 years of his memory the night before. He had no idea anything happened. I left for South Africa about 10 minutes later. CRAZY DAY!
To this moment it is still crazy. I am in an extremely rich are at the moment. I feel like I was transferred from the middle of Africa to the Connels neighborhood, because I was! We had a DA in the golf estates which was much like the Connels neighborhood, and apparently we have a DA in the very cheese boy area. I cannot even compare it to anywhere in South or Westlake because it is that rich. But just imagine that Southlake, Keller, and Westlake were an area and that is where I am at. My companion is the man. The members love us, and I have never been so happy! everything is going very well, I am being fed, we are teaching people, What else does a man need?
OH! I must mention. We cover 2 wards which are mostly white. And they are so sweet! The Phrase munch and mingle was used during church this week and I almost fell out of my chair. They are planning activities and everything! Both wards give the impression that everything revolves around the missionary efforts and building Zion. It is awesome.
Well I have to split, it is busy ahead of us. Apparently Elder Fisher who I served with in Nelspruit is being transferred into my zone in about 90 minutes.
Thanks for everything family
Stay classy
Love,
Elder Blake Williams
Mom, Use revelation when it comes to my housing situation ha-ha




No comments:
Post a Comment