Monday, April 30, 2012
Remember that we are supposed to find joy in this life!
Family
It sounds like everyone has crazy lives at the moment. Kaylee graduating, Tyler doing 4 weeks of tests, Carly working out my schedule and being a nurse, Joel staying classy, Cami getting ready for school, Grant picking out a dog, Mom going on Women's conferences and having birthdays, and Dad making decisions worth tens of millions of dollars(I just realized that I did not write you back on this point that you mentioned, but be sure to do the morally right thing. I cannot remember who was telling me this, probably the temple president, but he was discussing how all of us have at least one very large trial in life. One that stands above the rest. And as hard as it is and whatever the consequences of this decision, whether good or bad, it is there to test us. To see if we will make the right decisions, even when the world is turned against you. Lucky for you it is just 10s of millions of dollars, and PriceWaterhouse instead of the entire world. Keep that same mind frame that you mentioned, where you can see what is right after 10 seconds of pondering. When you have been guided to know what is right, then act upon it)! I hope everyone is still finding time to read their scriptures every day and not allowing themselves to become TOO stressed. Remember that we are supposed to find joy in this life!
I have about 20 things written here for me to share with the family and about 10 minutes left, so I will try and hurry.
-I got Grants letter! And I also got a package from this girl back at BYU and it was full of cereal. When I opened the package I was like, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! An entire package and all that is in it is cereal and smilies? Turns out that American cereals have been missed more than I thought and it turned out that it was a pretty delicious package. Just an idea for anyone sending any packages to any missionaries out of the states anytime soon.
-Mom, we had a TOTAL recreation of what you did to the sister missionaries! Not sure what happened on Friday, but we had 3 meal appointments scheduled (scheduling error!) and we showed up to one of them and the family seemed really excited to see us....but something was not quite right? It was so awkward, but the wife eventually just brought us out WAY too much food. And she was like, Elders it is a great surprise to see you here. Did you see in your calendar that you are also coming here on the 27th? And I was like yea....today is the 27th. She was SO embarrassed. Elder Byrnes blames it on our family forgetting about the sisters. Just a funny little side story.
-Man I have alot to say, but it is all quite insignificant. Just know that things are going very well in the zone. There were only two zones that hit their April goals and we were one of them with 133% goal achievement. Pretty exciting!
-Yesterday it hit me how blessed I am to be in this area. This is my fifth area and it is the first were I feel the missionaries are not playing a significant role in the ward or branch. Instead we are actually fully focused on missionary work. It is sweet! Although it is kind of selfish I realized that in every other area people were always dependant on us, planning activities, giving last minute talks, activating members, etc. But in this ward It is not like that at all! I am learning SO much from all those around me. I have fairly frequent contact with Elder Cook of the 70 (he will probably be joining me when the Motheo family is sealed on the 25th of this month, that is the family I baptised in Bots), We have become close friends with the Temple President (I had a nice discussion with him in the temple this week and he wants us to come to his house again sometime soon for family home evening so he can teach us more about the sealing power and anything else we would like to know about), We are teaching the Stake Presidents daughter in law, There are SO many "classy" people that I have SO much to learn from! Our teaching pool is also growing because the support of the ward, and it is full of well established, well educated people who have become successful in this life and simply have not found that happiness. We stopped by a family in the ward yesterday to give them some of their dishes back and they had a "snack" for us. It was a full on crape and waffle meal, so much food! This family is very strong in the church and you can feel the spirit simply be stepping into their home. But when they heard that we were both going home soon they spoke for 2 or so hours about 1. Finishing strong on the mission ( I have decided not to pack until the Tuesday morning that I leave) 2. Picking the right career. He was quite helpful in giving many tips about what we should be looking for in a career. 3. They spoke about marriage forever! It was pretty funny because everyone has been speaking about marriage to us lately! But the difference was, was that this family gave very good advice for getting home and deciding who to marry.
My point in all of this is that I am learning from everyone because I am surrounded by the best people!
Got to run
Stay classy
Love,
Elder Blake Williams
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment