TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Grant's 4th Birthday

Grant turned a big 4 on Sunday June 1st. Can you believe it has already been 4 YEARS? He has been such a blessing in all of our lives. He keeps us young and makes us old all at the same time!!









Is that bike RED????????????

A few weeks ago Steve took Grant to the "real" bike shop to get a part for his bike. Grant saw a green expensive bike and talked about it from them on. So of course for his birthday he wanted a "green" bike. In our family when a kids out grows a bike so fast you don't spend $300 on it so we headed to Wal-Mart to get a new birthday bike. We did look for green but green was not a choice so Red it was..... $50 later we were home. After the candles and song Tyler brought out the new bike. You should have seen the shocked look on Grant's face as he hesitated for a second and said..."WHAT...that bike is not GREEN!" Of course the color seemed less important as soon as he sat on the bike! Blake said that this like the spoiled 16 year old girl who is upset because her new birthday BMW was blue instead of red....I fear he is bit right but how do you not spoil a little guy in the mist of all of these big kids?? :) It could be worse I guess as we could have really gotten him the green bike!
P.S.: Grant took about 30 pictures of his new bike. This is one of them.




LATER THAT DAY:
Grant's job around the house is to put the silverware away from the dishwasher. The job that he use to love to do has turned into a "real" job now and he always hangs his head when asked to help put the dishes away. So when the order was given to come help he said..." How do you expect me to even reach this....I not even 5 yet". Didn't he just turn 4? :)

4 comments:

Melanie said...

LOL! That is great, that bike is sweet. he will love crusin the neighborhood in his new ride i'm sure:) can't believe our boys are 4 now.

Lauren said...

That is just too cute! I can just hear him saying that. I just love that little guy! Happy birthday Grant! I love his new ride (red is a great color I might add...GO UTES!) :)

Shelly Kenison said...

Happy Birthday Grant! When did we say it was okay for our babies to get so big. Tanner turned 7 today and I thought I was going to die. Life just seems to be flying by!

Xela said...

I just love that little Grant! He is the cutest kid! I bet he is so excited to have that new bike, nice ride Grant!

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones