TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Monday, April 27, 2009

Kaylee Graduates from BYU

I will warn you right now that this may be the longest entry on record! We were so lucky to all be able to fly out to Utah for Kaylee's graduation. We ran from sun up to sun down and had a blast!! Here are some of our adventures.....Get your seat belts on...Grant is flying the plane! :) We could not be any prouder of out little Statistics Major. I guess Proud is not a word we should use but it sure fits this occasion! We are so proud of you Kaylee. It is nice to have brains in the family even if they have to marry into it!! ;) Outside the Marriott Center where President Uchdorf spoke. What an honor to hear him in person.



Graduation day. Right after Kaylee graduated. How fitting to have the BYU bookstore in the background.
Grant and Dad.

The Marriott center was packed . Here Elder Uchtdorf and other dignitaries are walking in. Tyler's Mission President Claude Zivic (in Spain)who is now in the First Quorum of the 70's was also on the stand.

One really FUN part of the trip was meeting up with Marilyn and Lincoln Chamberlain a couple of times. We flew in to SLC within minutes of each other so we met up for lunch at this GREAT hamburger joint called Crown Burgers. They both looked wonderful. Marilyn told us a little more about the amazing story of Lincoln's transplant. He truly is a modern day miracle! What a treat it was to see them. Blake just came to life having his buddy back.


The group.

After lunch we headed over to Temple square before our appointment to tour LDS Business College where Blake plans to attend school in the Fall. Here is a classic picture of Blake!
I took actually took this picture. Temple Square was beautiful and the perfect time of year to see all of the beautiful flowers!
That night we met up with old friends from Desoto days... the Cottrell's. You know they are great friends when you can pick right back up where we left off. It felt just like old times!

The next morning we hiked to the Y. I must say it was way harder than I thought it would be. Not only was it steep, I could NOT catch my breath. I think my kids living in Texas were secretly happy that I had to make a ton of rest stops....as they could not breath either! It took me awhile but we ALL made it! Steve missed out this day as he was working at a clients in SLC.

Here we are at the TOP!

Grant on the Y

Carly on the Y
On the way up!

The proof that I actually made it! NO... I did not ride the four wheeler up. They were lighting the Y for graduation. ;) However I would have liked to ride the four wheeler up!

Camille and Carly on top of the world. Over looking Provo.

Hiking down.

Camille, Grant, Kaylee and Tyler at a rest stop.
We were so lucky to be able to meet up with Christine, Maddie and the Ellsworth at the Brick Oven for lunch. It was so fun to catch up and see all of them. My kids say they have the cutest kids!! This is the 'boy" table.
The "girl" table! ;)

You would be hard pressed to find a more darling couple than James and Lori. We miss them but they are happy and are doing well!
After lunch we met the Naylor's (Kaylee's family) and took the kids bowling. Just notice the next two pictures and see what is wrong..... This is Blake
This is Carly..... LOOK at they way they hold the bowling ball!!! It was a bit embarrassing but that is truly how they bowled. We were lucky to get out of there with out the ball being thrown in another lane...although for Carly it was a close call. Note to self. Do not take the family bowling in public again.....

After this I wanted to go upstairs to the BYU bookstore. I was looking for a camp manual when Tyler was waving frantically to me to come upstairs. His Mission President Elder Claude Zivic and his wife were there. It was such a privilege to finally meet them. Tyler absolutely idolizes this man and his wife. They were so kind and complimentary to us. You could see the love and appreciation between them towards Tyler and he to them. We have communicated in letters but it was so fun to actually meet these people that cared for my son while he was in Spain and that Tyler has spoken so highly of. Yes, I had my camera in my purse and had taken pictures all week long and I totally forgot to take a picture until we left the bookstore. If only I could go back and replay that meeting!!
Next we headed up to Bridal Vail Falls. It was a shock to see how the place had changed. I hear that there had been a fire up there and everything was in ill repair. It was such a beautiful, thriving place when I was in school I hated to see it that way. We still walked around for a bit and the kids had fun posing for and taking funny pictures....

Carly at the Falls.
Tyler and Grant at the falls.

Carly, Camille and Grant
Flying:
Camille....

Grounded...Grant ;)

Who is taller??? Sorry Carly you loose!
We are missing Blake in these pictures because he was helping Lincoln move into his dorm room and he was busy at night hanging out with the "Texas friends" . I told him he still had curfew but he fudged that a little.
Then we headed up to Squaw peek. It was raining in the valley but snowing up there. Grant was thrilled to play in the snow for a little bit. This is a picture of the Naylor's, Kaylee's family. It was fun to be able to spend some time with them and get to know them better. Today is Tyler and Kaylee's 2 year anniversary. Where does the time go??

All of us at the top of Squaw Peek.



Steve, Carly, Camille, Grant and Tyler

Boarding the airplane to come home. Grant cried and cried Sunday morning as we were getting ready to fly home. He wanted to stay just 2 more days.........................

I think we all would have liked to stay just two more days.............. It was a great trip!

7 comments:

Lori Ellsworth said...

It was so good to see all of you! Come again soon! (I don't like that picture of me at all!)

Beth Ann said...

Man Alive! You guys KNOW how to get it done on vacation! What was Christine doing in Utah? That picture of the temple is gorgeous! I don't think you can take a bad picture of the temple!

Congrats to Kaylee! & Congrats to you for still being able to type after the length of this post! (haha) :)

It Just Fitz said...

What an awesome blog post! You really captured your whole quick vacation. What a fun family you have! You should be so proud to have such a bunch! (I know they're so blessed to have you as their mom!)

Heidi said...

You can't take a trip to Provo without eating at the Brick Oven!! Ever since I flew home from my mission into SLC, I can't see those mountains without feeling a little homesick.

I am AMAZED by anyone who can graduate in statistics. If the world did not read this blog I would tell you what it took for me to finish that class....let's just say it was more than once!

So glad you had a fun trip - The kids look great!!

Angi said...

It looks like you had a GREAT time! Kaylee is very lucky to be a part of your family!

Steve and Jen said...

You did pack a lot of things into your trip. Looks like SOO much fun. You take awesome photos. And the people that are in them are pretty special too - I guess :-)
I've never hiked the "Y" not sure if I want to.
Yea for Kaylee graduating!

blkris said...

Hooray and Congrats to Kaylee! Haven't talked to Ty in a long time. Looks like he is doing well! Is Blake still planning on coming up to BYU-I? When? Would love to see him when we are over that way. Hope you guys are doing well! Miss you! Come see us if you are ever this way!! :)

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones