TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Thursday, October 14, 2010

Our First Canadian Thanksgiving ;) Oct. 2010


I had no idea that Canada celebrated Thanksgiving as well.  It is embarrassing how little I really know about Canadian history. (I am learning) But I was thrilled to find out that they do celebrate it and the kids had time off school.  Their Thanksgiving is Oct. 11.  We took a couple extra days off and headed to see family in Idaho and Utah.  On our way we passed the little historic site called Frank's Slide.  It is worth reading this and is so amazing that this town was literally buried by boulders and rocks.  The pictures do not do the site justice.  It is overwhelming to think about what happened here.


We passed through the town of Sparwood BC and Steve had to pull over to get a picture of this mining truck.  I must admit I think it is biggest truck I have ever seen!  Grant's head barley touch the front bumper!

The first night we stayed at this great little place in Dover, Idaho.  We got there late at night but look what we woke up to.  This is a place I would love to come and spend more time in.  I feel so blessed to be surrounded with such beautiful things at this stage of my life when I can truly appreciate it. 

Looking off the back porch over the lake.

They have these little airplanes taking off and landing on the lake.  I felt like I was in the movies. 

We got to my sister Dana's house and the first thing Grant wanted to do was gather the eggs.
He loves to go to Idaho and see my family as he loves all of the things you can do on the farm.
He can never get enough.

This is Grant and my baby brother Scott.  Scott and his wife Vivian have a beautiful place with
 lots of horses.  Uncle Scott is always on the top of Grant's list of things to do. 

Petting the goats at his cousins house.  I can honestly say that goats have
never been an animal I have enjoyed.  I am not really sure why people
have goats!  Ha

This is the BEST picture of the trip!  Carly had made appointments for the girls to get scalp massage's
 in Utah. The boys saw what we were doing and decided that they wanted in on the action.  We
 about died laughing(silently) when Steve's hairdresser stepped up to get to work. Notice darling
 little Grant. This really was wonderful and felt so good!

The girls stayed a bit longer for pedicures.... 


We all loved being pampered!  Darling Camille.


Micheal Yeck got us tickets to the BYU homecoming football game.  It was the highlight of the trip!
I was a little late taking this pictures as it took me a second to realize that this was
Coach Bronco Mendenhall.

The team coming out of the locker room.  Grant loved this!

Steve, Grant and Micheal cheering the team on.  It was alot of fun to spend some time talking to
 Micheal. He is Red Shirting this year and will suit up next year for BYU.  Go Courgers....#77

It was a beautiful day for a game and as the sun set it was truly stunning! I always feel such a feeling
of pride and gratitude when I am at BYU.  I feel so blessed to have experienced this great University.

All of us after the game.  We all had BYU shirts on until it got chilly!
BYU WON!

Grant and BIG MIKE..:)

After the game we went to Cafe Rio (a must on our list) We had hoped Caroline (Blake's good friend...:)
could join us as well but she is the party planner at BYU and was busy hosting the party of the night.
We dropped Micheal off after dinner.  It was fun to see these two kids from home.  I love Carolin's
house....It always makes me smile.  Who chooses that color of pink to paint a house?  I am sure there
must be a story behind that but one thing for sure is that it is easy to find!

Steve with his brother John and sister-in-law Diane.  They are always so good to us.

My crazy kids taking crazy pictures.


It is fun to see the kids together.  They have so much fun playing.  Grant said his favorite part of the
trip was playing Mario and football with Joel!  Ha We sure missed Tyler, Kaylee and Blake!

Grant snapped pictures on the way home.  This is an action shot he got of Camille sleeping! Ha

We pulled off in Waterton on the way home.  I loved this little village. 
It was so beautiful.

This is the hotel that is overlooking the village. 
I have a note to come back here in the spring.

Elk, Elk and more Elk.  They were everywhere.

It was a fast trip with too much driving and not enough time spent anywhere but we all LOVED it. 
 It was fun to get away  to see family and just relax. 

Now what can we do for Thanksgiving in the US?!  :) 
Darn...the kids do not have time off school then so....
maybe someone could come visit us!?


No comments:

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones