TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ice Magic Festival

Where did Grant go!!???   We headed up to Lake Louise for the Ice Magic Festival and Grant was transformed into a WOLF!!  Oh how we miss our Grant....;) 
 This face painter was fabulous!  I was not surprised when I read that she won the WORLD face painting competition in 2010.  It also said that she is an international instructor. I had thought about having her come to Grant's birthday party and paint the kids faces. My guess is that she is out of my price range...But she was fantastic!
 After that we walked around and saw some of the ice sculptures.  It was amazing to see what they could make out of ice. There were artist from all over the world.  This one was done by artists from Russia.
 I loved this ball one of the sculptures was holding.  It has this cool flower inside.  How did they do that??
 This is another "cool" thing literally....It was an ICE BAR.  They were serving drinks here, complete with ice tables and chairs.
 Camille and Grant were happy to find a fire to get warm by.
 The Ice Castle sitting on the frozen lake.  I wish we had known to bring our ice skates.  It was cold but beautiful and so amazing to see the ice sculptures.

Dad and Grant with a Royal Mounted Canadian Policeman
 The back side of the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
 Dad, Camille and "The Wolf" at the Ice castle.
It was a COLD but fun day.  I think it wore our little wolf right out.  I hope Grant comes back! 
 I am so thankful that our kids get to experience new and exciting things. Thank you Canada eh!

No comments:

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones