TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Monday, April 4, 2011

Residency Came through...I am staying in Botswana!

OH MY GOODNESS!! Not only is Michael Yeck getting married, but does anyone realize that his date is set for my mission Birthday!! I mean I know we are like best friends, but to plan his wedding on my mission birthday, he shouldn't have! Tell him that he is too kind!

In other news my keyboard today is the worst I have ever used in my life so if I cannot type much or if there are a lot of errors all over the place, I pass the blame on to the key board.

We got mission wide good news this week. The church has been working with the Botswana Gov. and they got residency for ALL the missionaries! How you might ask? I have no idea, but all I know is that transfer news came and went and they left me here in Lobatse! This is great news. The only changes to our district is that Elder Finlinson is leaving us tomorrow to go somewhere in South Africa, and Elder Chidzawo is going to be training! it will definitely be exciting to have a greeny in the flat.

Although I have residency now so does every other missionary so I will probably go back to South Africa next transfer.

Happy Birthday Carly! Lets see...I'm 20, so this must make you 23! so Exciting! Well happy birthday!

Thank you for the line of Authority! I really appreciate that. Thank you for the email, I knew it existed, I just didnt use it much in the past. Thank you as well for the picture you sent. That must be exciting for (skinny) Lincoln to be able to see family 4 times on his mission! There would be SO many perks of the Salt Lake mission! We do not watch Conference until the 17th of April, but I am very excited for it. It is always a dream of dreams for members here to even imagine attending conference in person. It makes me a bit sad that I took it for granted when I attended in the past.

As a side note, Elder Hughes family used google earth to check out our area. I thought that was a neat idea, so if you want, there is an idea.

Sorry if this email is boring! I have spent about 30 min typing this short update!
We will be baptizing Leslie and Tabello family next week. I will update you on that when I can actually type, and when it happens.

Well, I am having a hard time typing, so I am going to go type a few individual emails with my short time.

Sorry the email is so short!
Everything is going well
Love you all

Elder Williams

Well, because the email is so boring I decided to attach two photos. The first is of the man who I gave the priesthood to. He was also just called as the branch mission leader. He is here with his wife and we are currently teaching them temple prep. She has been through the temple, but he has not. They will be going at the end of the month! Side note, this family feeds us about once every 2 weeks and it is always the fattiest food I have ever eaten! It is good though because everyone else here always feeds us goat meat which does not taste bad, but it is almost as bad as trying to eat a piece of leather! It is always so fatty! DA's are a bit challenging here...

The second photo is of myself and one of my favorite people in the World. This is Brother Banda. I mentioned him a couple times when I first got here mentioning how weird he is, but we have grown to be best friends! That is a shirt that he made for me. To describe how close he is to us, yesterday he bore his testimony of how much he is going to miss Elder Finlinson. He seamed really sad during church and he said the reason for that is because he could not sleep the night before after hearing about Elder Finlinson Leaving! He is the Best!

OH and has Caroline gotten her mission call yet? My guess for her is Zimbabwe and my guess for Axel is Jo berg being trained by me!

1 comment:

tiki_lady said...

so good to hear and see Blake serving and enjoying his mission! I can't believe our boys are in the field! How sweet it is!

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones