TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Yellowstone 6-27-2011


Since we were heading to Utah for a Williams Family reunion we decided to travel a few hours out of the way to show the kids Yellowstone National Park. We spent the day exploring around the park.

Dad, Grant and Camille at the Hot Pots.
Dad and Grant at this funky two trunked tree.

Camille by the active hot pot.

Camille and Grant posing...

We walked up and literally Old Faithful went off.  Perfect timing!

Old Faithful

We saw a lot of buffalo.  This little family didn't seem to be bothered that
cars were trying to use the road.
 I have to say that I am glad we went but Yellowstone is not as Grand or as beautiful as I remember.  Either everything seemed bigger and more grand because I was a child when I saw it or it has lost some it's steam...literally!  :) Many of the hot pots were dormant.
As we left the park, we stopped to have lunch at this funky little
Internet pizza place.  Grant's pick.
 We traveled a bit farther to wanted to swing by Rexburg
to see the temple there.
 It was grand and beautiful set high on the hill. 

That night we decided to stop at Lava Hot Springs.  It has 5 "hot" pools that
are all different temptures.
 I love to go  there.  It is well maintained and so relaxing. 
We got there late so we decided to stay the night. 
All they have is Mom and Pop motel's there so
 were were really rolling the dice.....
I am afraid we lost....but hey it was an experience. 
More to come!


2 comments:

The Schwab Family! said...

I can't believe you were in Rexburg and didn't even come to my house! O' well, at least we got to see you a few weeks earlier! :O)

texaswilliams said...

I thought you moved girl! Did you find a house??

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones