TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Saturday, August 6, 2011

Smith's come to Canada! 8-2011

We love to have visitors!  Dave and Rebecca came to see us and I have been looking forward to their visit all year! It was so fun to see them and have them all to ourselves.  We (Steve, myself, Dave and Rebecca) took a short trip to see some of the Beautiful sights here.  I will tell you that Canada never disappoints when it comes to beauty!  Here are just a few of the beautiful things we saw!
This was at Athabasca Falls.  It  was spectacular!

We we are hiking Mt. Edith Cavell.  The sights were amazing.
 I only thought about running into bear a few times...

Bishop Dave and Rebecca at beautiful Lake Moraine

We saw several elk outside of Jasper.
 Look how close Dave got to them. 

Steve and I surrounded by so much beauty.


Darling Rebecca totally out of character..."posing"!

It was nice to see Steve and Dave together.
 Dave served as one of Steve's counselors when he was bishop.
 Then they called Dave to serve as Bishop when we moved.
Dave is a great Bishop and so good with the youth!

This is the view from the top of Mount Edith Cavell.
 I only thought I would die a few times on the way to the top. 
It was worth the hike.  Stunning!

One of the many wildlife we saw.
On our way up to see Lake Moraine

<><><> 

<> 
Dave and Rebecca in front of Lake Louise



These skinny trees were everywhere.
 Rebecca was amazed that they could be so tall and thin and still stand up. 
They were so cool.

OK so I said that Canada never disappoints...
well I lied because this is the Columbia Ice fields....
We were not very impressed.  What are we missing?
 Maybe it was just the day we were there
 but we didn't think it looked like much!

One of the highlights of our trip was that we saw 10 bear!
 Yep that is right 10... and one of them was a grizzly. 
The crazy thing is that when people saw them they all pulled over
 to the side of the road  and jumped
OUT OF THEIR CARS!
 Us included....Are we crazy.  YES!!

Sunwapta Falls
My favorite sight of the trip is this beautiful falls.
 It was so powerful and so beautiful. 



Here we are outside of the restaurant we ate at.
 Dave thought it was funny that it said...Fully Licenced! 
What dose that mean??? 
Well I am sure it mean that they can serve alcohol ...
it is still funny.

Darn we could have eaten at "Evil Dave's"

Love this picture.
This may be a black mail picture one day!

We stayed at this lodge in Jasper.  It was a cute little place.
 OK,  I didn't love the rooms but the breakfast we so yummy.
Outside our rooms.
We had such a fabulous time with the Smith's. We saw things that we had never seen before and had a great time doing it.  I have to admit I was sad to see them go.  It felt a little like I was saying good by to my kids.  They are wonderful friends that will always be like family to us. 

1 comment:

chickson said...

I wanna come!!!!! Miss yall SO much and think often of how things are fairing in the north. We are wilted most of the time and these pictures with jackets and snow look AWESOME! I think of you often and mean to be a better writer and keep the dots connected, but you see how poorly I keep up on my blog. My intentions are better than my follow-through. But know I LOVE YOU and MISS YOU and it is just not the same w/o you here! Feeling the void! xoxo/c

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones