TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Monday, September 12, 2011

Letter From Elder Williams September 12, 2011

Dear Family,

First things first, I cannot believe your summer is already coming to an end! I have heard in almost every email since I have been out how you cannot wait until summer. A few weeks ago it seems you finally sent the welcomed email that summer is here and then now you are reporting that summer is leaving? It is the exact opposite here. Especially in Nelspruit where I am now. Apparently this is the coldest and longest winter they have had in over 40 years and I thought it was quite hot the entire time, although the locals complain like they live in Russia or something.

To answer your questions quickly:

1. I do not have transfer news yet. It comes on Saturday and I am starting to question whether I am staying or going. Transfers are crazy sometimes.
2. Dad, I do not remember that story off the top of my head. Was it an experience from my mission or was it a story I read from somewhere?
3. Mom, I do not serve around the Stonehaukers, but I see them every transfer meeting and we talk each time we see them. They are very nice people and seem to really be enjoying their time here, although they have been welcomed into the challenges of Africa.
4. We had Zone conference this week which means we were able to check mail! It was a good check for me. I got letters from:
- Michael, funny letter. I will send parts to you and you will need to keep it somewhere safe for me. Sounds like he is doing well now and becoming famous!
-Heather. She asked a good question that I will talk about in a second.
-Sister Smith (temple square), She is in Florida for her 6 months mission.
-Elise from BYU.
Thanks for the letters!

As I think I mentioned last week I had something wrong with my tooth, which I thought was a cavity so I decided to get it checked out before it got worse. I have come to an executive decision that the dentist is one of the most awkward places on this earth. For documentary sake I thought I would write a little of my experience.
Setting the appointment:
I walk in and the lady at the desk says:
H (her) M (me)
H:hello
M: Hello...
H: How can I help you?
M: I need to set an appointment.
H: .......
M: .......
H: .......
M: .....If that's OK.....
H: ...Well what seems to be the problem? (this is when I knew it was turning into a Brian Regan experience)
M: I think I have a cavity.
H: OK, well who would you like to see?
M: um...a dentist? Preferably one that works at this office.
H: alright, is 1500H OK?
M: Yes, and can I have a guess as to how much that will cost?
H: Well I cant guess, that depends entirely upon how big the cavity is.
M: Well it can’t be too big because its on my tooth!?

Finally I get into the room and its these two young ladies who obviously don’t have Texans in their office too often because they continued to ask me a ton of questions while I have like 4 tools in my mouth!

Example: So what is America like? while I have a mirror, some scrappy tool, a water hose and sucking tube all in my mouth....awkward as anything.

But in the end I won. It wasn't even a cavity but a chip in my tooth… and then they fixed this brown dot that has been on my tooth since the dawn of time which apparently was a small cavity? But they said that I have beautiful teeth and that I am taking good care of them (thought you might be proud of that mom). And it was about 900 rand, so I took that off my home card.

Back to Heathers letter though, she is doing some project where she wanted to know what our life goals are. Perfect timing on the letter because we had a nice 4 hour car ride back from Zone conference to discuss the districts goals. I brought them with me today so you can get a better understanding for the missionaries from the district.

Elder Van Heerden From Zimbabwe (one of the very few whites left in Zim) He is 19 and about 5 months on mission.
-Become a Paramedic
-Go to America
-Visit every temple

Elder Onsongo (my trainer) 22 from Kenya going home at the end of October
-Marry before 25 in the Temple
-Drive from Kenya to Egypt
-Climb Mt. Kilimajaro
-Make his wife happy
-serve a senior couple mission
-Build a castle?
-Attend General Conference live
-Get PHD in Law
-Read the scriptures every day of his life

Elder Molai, 50% Tongan. 23 years old from New Zealand
-Shake the Prophets hand
-Become a police officer
-Have 8 kids
-Serve a senior mission
-visit America
-Build a nice house for his family
-Play rugby for BYU
-Stay in the Church
-Be sealed in the temple
-own a barbershop?
-Drive a lambo
-own a hotel
-Meet the Heather who is asking this question

Elder Blake T Williams the First, 100% missionary, 20 years old, from Texas
-Have an Adorable Family
-Ride in a Rolls Royce
-Remain fully active in the church forever
-Get married in the Temple
-Shoot a 50 cal. sniper
-Attend Harvard
-Read my scriptures every day
-Most important, Never Shout at my wife. Lately I have had very good and bad examples of this and I have come to the firm conclusion that there is never a good enough reason for a man to shout at his wife.

That's the district.

Well just quickly to sum up the week. It was a roller coaster of a week. Many highs and lows, but ending with a very large High. We had 8 people at church yesterday! Our white family got sick or else we would of had 12! That is a large leap from our average of 1 to 2. I don't have too much time to expand on this, but we are coming across so many people that have been so prepared for the gospel! The church is so true.

Thanks for all the support from back home.

Love you all

Elder Blake Williams

No comments:

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones