Dear Family,
Well, we had a very good week this week. It started off by having dinner at the temple presidents home. He unfortunately was not there, but he wants to meet with us soon. We had dinner with their daughter and her husband who are a very wealthy couple. He does something to do with Mining. He either owns the mine or manages the finances or something like that. It was something that was quite interesting for me. We talked a bit about his work and that may be something I will give a second look at some point. Do you know anyone in that field that I could talk to when I get back?
Anyway, my comp and I left that appointment very impressed with the family. We both agreed that they are very classy and we first contributed it to the fact that he flies a helicopter to work, has an E class Mercedes, lives in a huge house, etc, but we quickly realized that those things although kind of cool, had nothing to do with why this couple was so classy. When we got back to the flat where we are staying with 2 other zone leaders we started talking to them about why this family impressed us so much. And we quickly made the link from joking about classiness to quite a serious discussion about covenant keeping. Kind of a big jump, yes, but that was exactly it. The first thing we realized about the family is that everything about them is clean. Their house is spotless, their clothing, speech, everything about them was clean. Cleanliness is next to Godliness. The outward appearance of cleanliness reflects a lot about the true person. After Cleanliness we got into a discussion about reverence, and keeping our covenants. (I know it is probably hard to follow any of this but I am quite late to go get a missionary companionship so I have to type fast). But we tied in our whole discussion about Classiness and Covenants with my favorite quote from Elder Christofferson "People should be able to see in us something of Jesus Christ. The way we act, speak, look and even think should reflect him and his ways." This has been the theme for our flat this week. Living in such a way that people can sense something of Jesus Christ. This comes as we truly honor our covenants. Its been a bit of an eye opening week for me and I am very grateful that I was able to learn that lesson while on my mission.
I am sorry most of this probably did not even make sense. It does not help that I have been rushed.
I hope all goes well this week.
Momma, Thank you for your support while I am in the mission field. I know I do not have much time to update you all that you would like to know but, I do appreciate all that you and the family do for me.
I Love you all
Elder Blake Williams
![]() |
| Dosen't this look like so much fun?! |






No comments:
Post a Comment