TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Monday, October 13, 2008

The Sky Is Falling!!

Picture this............ I decided to stay up a little late to watch some TV after everyone had gone to bed. As I was sitting there I saw a long piece of lint (or so I thought) drop out of one of the cam lights above my head. Of course my thought was... boy I have got to dust those lights. I went to pick up the lint and saw that it was really skin. Something that you might see a snake loose!!!! Yes, I did freak out. I considered screaming and even putting the house up for sell because I knew that at any second a huge snake was going to fall right out of the light as well. There was a smaller piece of skin still hanging from the light. I stood there for several minutes and weighed out my options. Should I get a broom and sweep the last little bit down or is the snake still there? How on earth did a snake get in the attic? I thought... should I wake Steve or Blake up?? Just as I decided to get the broom the rest of the skin scurried back up the light....OK the skin is STILL attached to whatever is up there... After I finally decided I better just go to bed, I did worry all night about stepping on it in the morning. When we got up the next morning I showed everyone my finding from the night before. No one was very impressed or even thought it should be checked out! Hello!!!! Steve said it is just a lizard. OK. A lizard is better than a snake but still ............... Of course that afternoon Missy (our dog) went crazy chasing something. Yes, it was a lizard and with the help of Steve and Camille we got it out of the house... I am praying that it did not have babies in the attic. All I know is that I never sit under that light anymore!!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

um, hello?!?!, is right! that gave me the heebie jeebies just reading it, you are totally brave. there was a lizard in our laundry room once and i was freaking out and sent rhett in to kill it. all the sudden i hear, "got it! nope, dang, just his tail came off." bleck!!

Mary said...

I think this calls for a trip to the Rattle Snake Round Up. I'm sure lizards won't look as bad after a weekend in Sweetwater, TX.

Unknown said...

Okay...this will creep you out. A couple years ago Genn and I saw a 'lizard' give birth, lay eggs not sure what ya'll call it...BUT the thing that really got us was that it was shooting them out while it was on the side of the house...14! Yes we counted them. There were 14 and they looked like small white jelly beans. SO, my question to you my friend...how many do you have? :)

Cherrie said...

What 'Tyler' said was really me...I'm learning!

Xela said...

YUCK! And no one else thought this was disturbing, are you kidding? I would of had Jeff up for sure and I would have prayed he would find the thing so I could go to bed. Seriously gives me the creeps.

Leslie said...

oh that is totally creepy!! yuck. found your blog, love it! :)

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones