TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Wednesday, November 19, 2008

And The Worst Mother Of The Year Award Goes To...... ME!

So.... remember my post a few months back about Grant saving his money forever to by a tortoise? He LOVES this little tortoise named Schoshi (which means tiny in Japanese) Yesterday I thought it would be a great day to let Schoshi out in the back yard to crawl around. It was about 3:30 and Grant and I sat out there and played and watched the tortoise....I got a phone call and came in the house. ...After that had to get dinner and get the house picked up because I was going to dinner and a movie with a friend... Call it Visiting Teaching if you would like! :) Well my OLD mind never thought about Schoshi again.................I got home at about 10:00 pm. Grant had taken a late nap and so when I came home he was still awake in his bed and he wanted me to kiss him goodnight. As soon as I walked into his room I remembered! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! I went to her cage and NO tortoise. Grant, did you get Schoshi? No Mom. It was COLD last night and I thought IF I can even find her surly she will be dead. I grab a flashlight and Grant and I headed outside at 10:00 at night. The first miracle is that I found her right away. I am sure it was because she was so cold she could not even move. As I picked her up I felt like I was holding a $100 rock. No movement at all. She was cold and her feet were stiff. Doesn't stiff have something to do with death?? I felt terrible!! I didn't dare let on to Grant that I was sure that his favorite pet was dead. I have to Tell you honestly that we got on our knees and prayed for a frozen tortoise. I warmed her the best I could, and then buried her under her mulch in her cage and put on her heat lamp. About 15 minutes later she started to move!! I was so relieved. One more example that my mind is going fast......Thank heaven for small miracles! Follow up: You know how affected I must have been by my carelessness with this little tortoise. Last night I had a dream that I was watching someones child in the Ward and she came to pick him up the next morning and I did not have any idea where he was. I assumed she had already come and got him. NOW that would be a NIGHTMARE!! I guess the dream put things in perspective for me! :) Go Schoshi go.................

2 comments:

Leslie said...

oh gosh, poor little guy! we've almost done the same thing with ours, though. it's amazing how those cold-blooded creatures can freeze up and then warm up back to life. we've had the same experience with froggies. glad he's okay!

Melanie said...

why are you trying to de-thrown me and take away my title?!?! glad you didn't have to have turtle soup for dinner! sorry,that was awful!!!

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones