TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008..Scottsdale Arizona

I had the great idea that we could ALL be together for Thanksgiving if we traveled to Scottsdale Arizona to my sister LaNae's house. We flew my mom "Rainer Poo" in from Boise Idaho and the older kids traveled from BYU. We drove. What were we thinking? Somehow a 16 hour trip took us 21 hours. We did stop at the Petrified Forest for about 1 1/2 hours but other than that we have no idea where we went wrong. It was a trip that would never end!! All the gang at the Naylor's home. We had dinner one night with Kaylee's family. It was a fun night and the first time we had all been together since the wedding.
Carly and Camille

Blake, Camille, Carly, Uncle Rod and Steve

Rod took us out flying the day after Thanksgiving in his small airplane. He even talked me into flying. I have had a fear of small airplanes forever and would have preferred to stay on the ground. I am happy to say that I did well and I was not even "very" scared. he was a great pilot. It did have my mind running wild as all of my kids were taking turns flying with him. I guess it is a Mom thing to play the "what if game....good thing it is only a game! :)

Carly, Camile and Grant getting ready for take off!!
In keeping with tradition we all ran the Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning in Mesa AZ. Tyler and Kaylee are posing for this picture after they both completed the 10K run. Steve, Stacey, Camille and Blake all did the 2 mile run/walk.... the other die hards ran the 10K.
Carly and Camille
The "fruit" doesn't fall far from the tree as you will see in the next picture!

The "fruit".....:)

Carly ran the 10K also. Dad circled back to run the last little bit of the race with her. No wonder he looks so fresh! Carly said he kept saying I am not going to make it. I think he ran all of 1/2 mile with her! HA
Tyler did a great job and ran the 10K in 44 minutes....He even beat the turkey!! ;)
Carly making a flower arrangement for Thanksgiving to meet a requirement for her Floral Design class.

Dad and Grant at the Petrified Forest. It cost us a ton of time but it was something to see. BEAUTIFUL!! It was so tempting not to bring back a huge rock for the yard or for Blake's fish tank. But a $325 fine and jail time was a big enough deterrent for us.

The largest piece of petrified wood called "Old Faithful".
Grant, Camille and Blake.
Of course the morning we got up to head home I got sick and started throwing up. Within a couple of hours Grant and I had our own sick band. We stayed in the very back of the car because Blake didn't want us up front because he did not want to get sick. I let him think what he wanted but knew he was breathing all of our sick air.....I did get out of driving however. Several hours later Camille was chiming in......We finally made it home at 2AM with 3 out of 5 of us sick.....WE had a great time in AZ. it was just the 40 hours of travel time that was a bit much!! :)

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Holy cow, that was quite a trip! your family is so fun and I MISS YOU! we need to get together. are you feeling better now?

Steve and Jen said...

Sorry to hear you were sick! It looks like you guys had a great time! Cute pics! You have such an awesome, darling fam! Miss you!

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

What a fun trip! You guys are party animals. I wish you would talk my mom into a trip like that.

Shelly Kenison said...

The trip sounds so fun, too bad about having to get sick for the ride home. Happy Holidays!

RMW said...

We really missed spending Thanksgiving with you but are glad you had a great trip!

Mary said...

I love reading about all your adventures. Good job keeping the running tradition going.

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

Hey, that turkey trot looks familiar! It takes place actually right by our old house! You were LITERALLY in my 'old stomping grounds'! That's awesome! You can now say you all have REALLY LIVED since you have been to the petrified forest...I guess it just seems that way, because it's close to Snowflake, and my mom actually worked there in her teenage years back in the 50's!! Fun trip...makes me that much more excited to head out there next week!

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones