TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Tuesday, June 23, 2009

BLAKE..need I say more??

Blake left yesterday on a High Adventure Camp out as a LEADER.... yikes!! If that is not scary enough he decided to cut his own hair as well.

Here he is buzzing his OWN hair. Check out those sun burnt shoulders! After....... He did a pretty good! I just had to even out the back.
My skinny boy. I had a good friend tell me once that she was going to report me to child services for starving Blake! Ha Honest he does eat. :)
Blake striking his pose....the morning of the camp out. Blake and that HAT!
You know what I have learned over the years is that no matter how old your son is, you will always worry about him when he is gone to camp. I have had anxiety all week about Blake leaving. I felt like he was 12 again and going on his first camp out. I hate it but I guess for mothers it is like loosing a bit of control. No one can take care of your kids like you do. The other thing I have learned over the years is that this is exactly the kind of thing that builds men! We have to let go at some point but we don't have to like it! Hurry home Blake!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Craig and Cricket said...

I have been crying for over an hour...Caleb called me tonight from his first scout camp so homesick beggin me to come get him. AHH! That part of being a mom I don't like. What do I do??? It was so sad.

texaswilliams said...

Cricket,
Poor kid...but he will make it. Next year will be better for him hopefully!

Steve and Jen said...

Blake is so funny! Like the haircut!
You are so wise with the having to let go, but ya don't have to like it!
You have such a fantastic family!

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones