TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Monday, February 7, 2011

Feb. 7th Alredy?? From Botswana

Hello Family!

Thank you Mom for sending me the picture of the Black mamba. That is definitely the snake that I saw last week. Now I just need to search for a cobra!

How is the family doing? Your emails shrunk this week! What happened there? However, it sounds like you always have eventful weeks up in Canada, so keep having fun!
I finally have a companion! It’s pretty sweet, and dad, he is from Nampa. I thought that would mean that I had a sweet hick companion, but he is definitely a nerd. In a good way of course. He reminds me of the kid on Best 2 years! So his name is Elder Hughes and let’s just say that he is a Thomas S. Monson scholar! He has a photo with the Prophet! Now I have made a few dollars in my life, but that is nothing compared to a Thomas S. Monson Scholar! The best part is that he doesn't realize that he is a nerd, but I use that in the best way possible. If you have a full ride to BYU studying chemistry and music, then it is OK to be a nerd. This is my first companion younger than me. Well, he is older than me, but one transfer younger on mission than me. He is a funny guy, he has a "don't tell mom" journal (stories that he won't tell his mom). Don't worry mom, I don't have too many of those stories.
I might as well mention a bit about the others in our house/district. In the other companionship we have yet another American, Elder Finlinson. He is also a transfer younger than myself and he is a funny guy as well. He is from the middle of nowhere in Utah and he works on a dairy farm! Speaking of Elder Finlinson, he went to school with Elder Neilson (the one in my MTC district that went home) and he said that Elder Neilson is coming back out to the mission! That is pretty sweet! It’s a little weird to think that I am old enough to be his trainer though!
Then we have Elder Chidzow. He is about a year on mission, and he was just made our district leader. He is from South Africa and is not too excited about being in the same flat with only Americans. I could describe him more, but he is pretty much an exact copy of Stanly off of the Office. Looks, facial expression, attitude, everything! I am LIVING with Stanly! It’s pretty cool.

So last week I mentioned that I was expecting a trial this week, well that happened this morning....it’s called an ELECTRIC mower! I mowed with a mower for the first time, but it was embarrassing to have a cord following you. Other than that It was once again a pretty good week.

I did however get a letter from Tyler this week that described his mission in Spain. Not to put down Spain, but I am grateful that I got called to South Africa. South Africa definitely has more than a handful of difficulties, but Spain sounds pretty rough. I shared a few of Tyler's comments with the other missionaries, and it made us grateful that we are not out tracing all day! Saturday was a "Spain day" for my companion and I. We only had 2 appointments and s service project. I know that is a busy day for Spain, but that is a waste of a day here so we had to spend a large part of the day contacting...it was not productive.

Speaking of, I don't know if I mentioned last week, but happy birthday Tyler! I'm not sure how old you are now, but you’re getting old!
Tyler Morrison is Engaged!? That's exciting. What’s the story on that one? What is her name? etc.

On a side note, I was looking over the family tree that I located a couple weeks back, and I was wondering if we have access to any of the Patriarchal Blessings from the Grand parents/great grandparents.

Oh! I wanted to share a story before I rap up. So as missionaries we pray for and expect daily miracles. I just wanted to share one with you. It was pretty much a Brother Connel story (speaking of, how is he? I sent him 1 or 2 letters but haven't heard anything). So my first Sunday here, this lady just randomly came to church with her kids. We had never seen her before, and so the next week we arranged to go see her. She said that she came to church simply because she liked the name and it says visitors welcome. She continues to come because she feels something at the church. Fast forward a bit, We were talking to the Branch Presidents wife and she said that Tabello (the lady), loves and participates in Relief Society. We are really excited about this family, but fast forward again and we were able to meet with her husband as well. We had his wife tell about why she continues to come to church and she mentioned this "peace" that she feels at church, and this "peace of mind" that comes to her throughout the week when she comes. She has also had the Book of Mormon in the home for about 10 years, she is not really sure how they got it, and she doesn't know much about it other than that she loves it. To this moment she does not fully understand what she has stumbled upon. I fear that sometimes, we that grow up in the church don't fully understand what we have either. If you feel that way, read the Book of Mormon more.

The husband will be slightly difficult, but he came to church with the family yesterday! They are on Baptism date for the 13 March.

Alright well I am going now.

Have fun with life!

Love Elder Williams

No comments:

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones