TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Monday, October 31, 2011

Heritage Park Field Trip

I was lucky enough to WIN the draw ( I am totally serious) of all the parents that wanted to go on the field trip with the kids to Heritage Park. I was really impressed with what a great learning experience it was.  It was all about the settlers in Canada and how they settled this area.  I would compare it to Nauvoo.  It really was excellent and a wonderful learning experience for the kids.  I was glad I was able to go. 

This was the old time classroom.
 The teacher taught the kids about how
they did things back then.

I love this picture.  it looks like a scene out of
Little House on the Prairie.

This was funny.
 The teacher drew a circle on the chalkboard and had
Grant come and show the kids how the teacher
 use to discipline the kids by having them
 put their nose to the chalkboard.
 They thought that was so funny! 
Even I remember having to do that.  I
 guess I was not always perfect like I am now!  Ha    

Teaching the kids how to write with the ink pins of yesteryear.
(is that a word?)

These horses were so big and beautiful! 

A sod house.  Can you even imagine living in a house of dirt? 
The kids were fascinated by this house.

Here they are showing the kids how to make bread
with the tools they had back then. 
Grant and I had a really great day together.

No comments:

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones