It was such a treat to be able to go back to Texas and see friends and be with my kids! I was able to go a couple of days before the rest of my family got there to do a little shopping and spend some time with friends.
| One night I went to dinner with some of my favorite people. Christine, Stacy, Tracie, Joy, Caroline and Raleen. It was so good to see them! |
| Here we are at Yogurtland. We need one of these in Calgary |
Steve had to travel back to check on his business in Keller and Tyler and Kaylee were coming up for the BYU/TCU football game. Carly was in town babysitting some friends kids...so we decided to bring Grant and Camille along and have a bit of a family reunion in Texas. We were all there but Blake who is in Botswana on his mission. It was a great week and we had a lot of fun!
| Grant was able to play with his buddy Nathan. They have played together since they were 18 months! It was darling to watch them. They pick right back up where they left off. |
We were able to go to a BYU/TCU football game. It was amazing to see the new football stadium but BYU played terrible and the Texas Rangers lost the World Series all in the same night!!
| The Cowboy football stadium. It is an amazing building! This is an example of what a few BILLION dollars can get ya! |
| The roof actually opens and shuts! |
| Tyler and Kaylee before the game |
| Steve's nephew Todd and his wife Kylee are huge BYU fans and also flew in for the game. |
| Camille and a few of her friends...Zach, Matt and Mitch and of course or friend Eric B. |
| BYU stretching before the game. Check out the size of that TV screen. |
| Michael Yeck #77. Our Keller boy on the BYU team. He is one of Blake's best friends and it is so fun to see him on the field! |
| Pirate Carly and doctor Grant at the Wards Trunk or Treat! It was so fun to go to the ward party and see so many people that we love! |
| Carly and BISHOP Smith! |
| My dear friend Stacy and Bishop Smith. Stacy let us stay at her house and was so good to us and so much FUN! |
| Some more friends! Christine, Karen, me and Lauren! |
| Two of my oldest (as in long time) friends!!! Rick and Barbie Malmberg! We were lucky enough to have breakfast with them one day. I love these guys |
| Farmer Pete Hinis and his crop....Rick |
It was such a good time with the kids. Not only are they great kids but I really like them as people! We shopped, ate, played games and spent time together. It was fun to be with them. I have to admit that Texas still really feels like home. I hated saying goodbye to the kids and to my friends and returning to my "real life" I know we are in Canada for a reason and I am thankful for the many experience we are having here but I hate being so far away from the kids....and then I work up to SNOW this morning! Have I ever told you I am not much of a winter person! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment