There is a song called "Sunrise Sunset" that makes me cry every time I hear it. "Is this the little girl I carried? Is this the little boy at play....I don't remember getting older. When did they?" My darling baby boy Blake Taylor Williams graduated from High School ( mid year) on January 8, 2009. What a time of mixed feeling as a parent. I am thrilled for him and the new adventures that lay ahead. Don't we actually prepare our kids for this very day? To step out and be successful on their own! But the emotions of them actually growing up and leaving home are pretty overwhelming. I guess I would cry MORE if they NEVER left!! Why is it as all of the other parents and grandparents are sitting there yelling and screaming for their kids, I sit there with tears streaming down my face?! Blake is my third child. I have sweet memories of him as a child. He was an easy going baby. A fun loving kid who loved to work with his dad in the yard even when all of the other kids tired Blake was still there. He was our comic relief and his personality drew many to him. He was a generous happy boy with a gravely voice that was so unique to him. This does sound a little like an obituary doesn't it! :) Just let me reminisce..............
Blake's Senior Picture. (Mom's favorite picture)
Most of you know Blake has his own landscaping business. This is one of his prized lawn mowers that he calls the "The Haas".
The moment of freedom. Blake was the tallest graduate that night.
Blake and two of his buddies all went out and bought blue and Yellow (school colors) bow ties for the evening. They were the hit!
The family at graduation. Grant slept through the whole thing!
Blake getting ready for graduation. Why do boys always strike this pose?? It is a boy thing.






11 comments:
The wonderful young man your Blake has become speaks volumes to the kind of parents he has. You and Steve are such good examples to all of us!! What a lucky boy to be loved so much!
(p.s. I'm a cryer too!!)
ok, i swear i choked up when I saw that picture of blake and grant!! that is going to be so hard to split those two up! That was SO fun that we were there the same night. glad we got to share in a little of the joy! your family rules!!
Awww! What a super sweet post! All your kids are such upstanding individuals (which isn't a surprise to anyone...look at their parents!). I'm so glad that, by sheer luck, we were able to (sort of) be there for the celebration. By the way, I know I'm a dork, as proven in the picture. ;)
I'm so sad for my little buddy Grant (and Blake because I know it'll be hard for him too)!
Congratulations to Blake! And we love the photo with the mower.
Hello from one of the stalkers....that was so much fun to be there, even if we had to hear from bishop how often we all go out for "girls nights". What a wonderful young man Blake is. I have to tell you that whenever anyone says his name it is always followed by isn't he an amazing kid. You guys are amazing people and we are so very blessed to have you in our lives.
p.s. Sunrise Sunset is the song my dad and I danced to at my wedding, so I got choked up at just the thought of that song!
WHOA! crazy he is graduated! So what are his plans now?
You are a "high ranked" mom in my book. You seem to have a perfect balance of love, discipline, encouragement, love and patience and all your kids are outstanding people! And you make THE BEST homemade choc. chip cookies!
I can't imagine the joy/love/tears/hurt when a child leaves home. Crazy life eh? The photos are great that you chose, even the little guy!
Oh I was chuckling a little when I saw the pics where you ate out, not because of the funny girls, but it reminded me of the movie "x-mas story" where they go out to some chinese place to have duck, and the three men are trying to see "Deck the halls" and they keep singing Fa Ra Ra Ra Ra (remember?)
I loved the graduation announcement and picture of Blake on the lawn mower. Mark and I were thinking that Blake's business would flourish here. It could be landscaping in the spring/summer, leaf pick up in the fall, and snow removal in the winter. Ok, maybe it's not the best idea because he would have to buy tons of new equipment. But, it would be fun to live near Blake again. Go get 'um Blake! (visit us sometime too ),
Just catching up after about a month long blog hiatus. LOVE all your posts! Blake must people one of those "smart kids" to be graduating in January. I was a little confused when I heard you were celebrating his graduation a couple weeks ago---just missed you at the restaurant by minutes I think. :)
What a emotional day---to see your child go off on his own in the world. "Sunrise, Sunset" nails it perfectly! So good, but so hard. Thanks for sharing!
oh my goodness, Warrior (you know who) graduates in june. He didn't want to graduate early because he wanted to walk with his entire class! DANG it! Now, I have to sit through a bunch of kids, until we get to the S's.
Where is Blake going? Warrior and He should have almost a year before mission time, right?
Blake!!! I can't believe it...time sure does fly. Your a goof-ball that is destined for greatness. Congratulations from your favorite cousin.
Post a Comment