TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Monday, January 5, 2009

OK so call me Nieve 1/3/009

I was at a Sara Brightman concert a couple of months ago and saw that the Trans-Siberian Orchestra would be in town in January. I thought Steve would love that, so I bought tickets for us as a Christmas gift. My friend Rebecca also bought tickets for her husband. I was so excited for the evening because I thought I had such a great plan. Steve kept asking me who they were. I said they are like Mannheim Steamroller but with a big light show.... Isn't that what you thought? Come on side with me! We sit down and the base comes SCREAMING out!! It was terrible!! It was so LOUD and did not sound much like music at all. It would classify as SCREAM-O. I am sitting there thinking what on earth have I gotten us into. Steve's reaction was priceless as I know he was trying his best to be grateful but hating every note of it. The first half was a Christmas show and they played Christmas songs with a hard rock twist. Somehow it felt very wrong! I wanted to leave so bad but was not sure how to escape....and of course we were stuck in the middle of a row with one way out and the couple next to us were very large. I was about ready to crawl over chairs! Really. The second half did calm down a bit but not much. We left after only a few minutes. When we got out Rebecca said, "I thought they were like Mannheim Steamroller." THANK YOU... I said ME TOO! Rebecca sent me a write up in the paper about the concert that said, Heavy Metal Rock Band TSO really delivers! Yes, I took my husband to a Heavy Metal Rock Concert! Please don't tell me kids especially Blake!! (For those of you who know the whole concert history! HA) What on earth was I thinking! I will do a bit more research next time. We did have a nice dinner afterwards but we all needed Advil first!

3 comments:

Xela said...

Love all your updated posts! Looks like you had a great christmas! I would have loved to have seen Bishop at the concert! I too that is was like manheim! The song they always play on the radio is great! Sorry it was a bust!

Angi said...

I'm sorry you did not enjoy the show! We were able to go last year and we LOVED every second of it. We partied like rock stars all night long. Again, sorry.

tiki_lady said...

lol, classic!

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones