TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stake Day to Shine 2/7/2009

On Saturday, February 7 th our Stake hosted a wonderful event for the local Battered Women's Shelter. This is an event that stared by two sisters in our ward and it has been so successful that the Stake has adopted it as their own. We take part once a year at hosting a day for fun, rest, relaxation and safety for women who have found themselves in a tough situation. The women can come and bring their children. They had wonderful children classes that were offered. (beading, crafts, reading, sports, I even saw a Sister teaching kids to play her harp!) Then the women are pampered and feed both physically and spiritually. They offered manicures, pedicures, facials, massages, and hair cutting. After they have been pampered..we were all treated to a wonderful lunch and then a spiritually based program that was touching and sweet. The women left with free jewelry, books, CD's, pillow cases, homemade bread and QUILTS!! What a uplifting day!! It amazed me what just a few people can do to lighten the load of others. I have to admit that as I watch this wonderfully planned day unfold I was filled with gratitude for the many, many blessings I enjoy and too often take for granted.

This is my friend Rebecca reading to the children.

Look at my darling friends Krista and Christine. (all of the volunteers wore RED)

My friend Nancy cutting hair.
The women getting some of the wonderful gifts!

Yummy dessert table!
The wonderful cooks for the Southlake Ward.
Checking in.

Lunch anyone??

I truly believe that when women come together for good... miracles can happen. I have seen them!

No comments:

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones