TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Wednesday, August 19, 2009

CANADA...business and pleasure 8/2009

Steve had business in Calgary Canada. I have never spent much time in Canada and so I was thrilled when he asked me to go along. He worked all day on Friday and I spent the DAY at a wonderful spa. Yes...I am hooked!! We took advantage of the weekend and headed to a couple of national parks in the area. Everything was BEAUTIFUL! We spent some time hiking here at Lake Moraine. Over looking a beautiful river...


Steve... standing outside of the Hotel in Banff.

Guess who was in Banff the very same day! Honest we didn't plan this or even change our schedule's to make this happened. When She called to say she was in town we were a block and a half away from each other..ha ha small world. We had a lovely dinner together (except for the waitress) Yep! The Boyer's......:)


Stacy stood at this spot and took pictures for anyone that needed them...It was so funny!
A picture of the Banff Hotel. It truly was amazing. We went inside to explore. It reminded me of a cruise ship inside. The wood inside was beautiful!!!
This was at Lake Louise. It was so crowed with tourist ( which I was one of) But it was beautiful.
As we were hiking we came across this sign with a forest ranger standing guard. If you wanted to go hiking you had to wait until 4 people (It was a law) were going on that trail. After I read the sign I really had NO desire to hike that trail. In fact I was a bit nervous to hike at all....
This was my favorite place. Lake Morain....it was the color of the ocean. It truly was this blue. Gorgeous!!!!!
Steve had fun with the chip monks...They were very friendly.
It was a wonderful trip and we loved spending time together just the two of us. The kids at home held down the fort and were so good with Grant. I have great kids...Boy will life change when they all head off to school. They will be missed! Thanks kids.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I am so adding that to my "places I want to go...someday" list. Beautiful pictures! I'm so glad you were able to go! Welcome home!

A & C Hickson said...

That lake is amazing! I want to go!

Beth Ann said...

What a great, relaxing weekend! The hotel is what is drawing me to Canada, it looks like a flipping castle!

Melanie said...

I can't believe how beautiful it is there!! some of those pictures look like a painting or something. Incredible! How hilarious to run into Stacy there. I'd go there for a girl's trip, what do you say?? Sans the bear hike...

Xela said...

Can we just say breath-taking! I LOVE it! I want to go too! The hotel looks AMAZING!!! How fun for you guys!

eden&mike said...

When I watched this season of the Bachelorette, they went to Banff. I was telling Mike that I wanted to go so badly. Im so jealous!!! And to meet Stacey B there is so funny. That would have been such a fun time. GREEN WITH ENVY!!!

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones