TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Saturday, June 12, 2010

Banff 2010

Steve surprised me with a great weekend away! He flew me to Canada to spend a few days with him and find a house. Then he took me for a MUCH needed night of relaxation to the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. It was Mother's day weekend and our anniversary the week before. When I first saw this Hotel months ago, I wanted to stay there. It is full of history and so beautiful. What a treat!!! Steve checking in.
Everything was grand. I just loved to see the craftsmanship throughout the hotel. It amazes me to see the beautiful handy work of people in a time that it was hard to build. Everything was fabulous. You just do not see things built like this today.
I loved all of the light fixtures. We walked around several of the floors just to look at all of the neat antiques they had.
Outside the hotel.
Sorry this picture is so poor but I had to use it. They had this picture on the floor we were staying on. Funny thing is that it is the same picture of cows that we have in our kitchen. (except ours is framed better..ha) Steve bought it for me in a little bed and breakfast town that we stayed in. It was evidence to him that he has superb taste! I call it our pastoral picture. Everyone house needs ONE and only ONE!! :)
This was the view out of our Hotel room. Honestly it is beautiful. We saw so much wildlife everywhere.
We hiked Johnson Falls. I can't wait to take the kids exploring.....
It was May in Calgary and still chilly. It even snowed a little while I was there. I must admit I am a bit worried about the cold!
Thanks for the wonderful time honey...maybe we can do this again sometime. Next year maybe??

No comments:

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones