Dear Family,
I will try to answer your direct questions real quick so I do not forget any of them.
1. I am serving in Centurion
2. I have not received the package from Botswana yet, but Elder Alder is doing a Zone Conference up there this week and he will bring down the mail so I should get it then.
3. I lived in Botswana more than 6 months. I served there for a little over 4 months, then lived in south Africa for a little over 4 months, then back to Botswana for a little over 4 months.
4. Happy day for getting into BYU.
I must first start by apologizing to the family if my e-mails this week and lately have not seemed, I don’t know, Spiritual? Or Full of amazing teaching opportunities. We are teaching great people, preparing many for baptism, having spiritual experiences, loving my companion, the area, and the zone (which is also improving and had 5 baptisms yesterday). But especially today, when I sit at the computer I feel that there are many things I need to coordinate from back home, which takes my e-mailing time, but not my time once I leave the e-mail shop.
I have little time but I should share a story from the week. This week we had an area in the zone that was setting up a booth in front of their church and talking to people as they got off the train(because it was close). They asked Elder Byrnes and I for help so we decided to make time for that. We were first with these 2 other elders who were bother quite young on their missions. It was sure funny for Elder Byrnes and I who have both been out for a long time to see these missionaries sheepishly slide a pass along card to someone as they walked by and mumble something under their breath. After watching them for a minute or two I started walking with a few people and talking to them about 1 thing or another for a few minutes. One of these Elders in particular must have wondered how I got people to stop and talk to me because he came over and observed a few of my contacts. It made my week when he walked away from me with a new level of confidence and stopped the first person that walked by and chatted with them for a few minutes! Within the hour that we were together his confidence went from one extreme to where it is supposed to be. It was a neat experience.
I had the area doctor look at my eye this week. I have some kind of growth on it. He said that it is called a pengueculaum? and that it is nothing to worry about. It just looks a little awkward and causes my eye to go blood shot on occasions. But he said I don’t need to do anything about it. He seemed like a very legit doctor so I will believe him.
Well I am far over time.
Love
Elder Blake Williams
PS. Fishing trip sounds fun!
Monday, February 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment