TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Monday, February 20, 2012

I feel like this week was an intro into parenting course 101.

Dear Family

Come now, Momma was the only one to write this week. I know that I have been on the other side of the world for a long time, but I still check my e-mail once a week. I guess this is a good week for you to slack though because I don't really have too much to write this week.

Maybe we can start with a funny/sad experience for one of the missionaries in our zone. His name is Elder S and he is one of the most humble guys you will ever meet. Like Elder A level of Humble. Seeing as how Elder B and I are at the mission office quite often, that means that we get to check post quite often as well, which is great because all the young guys in our zone get TONS of mail while Elder B and I.....well, lets just say I am getting more e-mails right now than mail...and I only got one e-mail. Anyway, that has nothing to do with the story. Elder S got one of those large envelopes sent to him from his family. The large envelope had a large slit on the side where everything inside was taken out, and then over the slip was a little sticky note that said "package received WITHOUT anything inside". And then It was put into a plastic bag by the US post service that had a note on it titled "We Care", and then it went on to say sorry about the inconvenience, etc. So pretty much someone from the post office stole all of the stuff in his package and then instead of throwing the envelope away they decided to just send him the envelope with a message saying that the US post service cares. It was a good laugh for everyone accept for Elder S. It was definitely a TIA, accept this time It is "This is America" because it was torn apart before it left the states...

Dad, I have everything you requested. I even got the pictures taken, but even though I gave them the paper you told me to, it looks like the measurements were a little off. I am going to go get new ones taken and then send them off this week.

Well, to be honest this was a tiring week full of companionship problems in the Zone. I feel like this week was an intro into parenting course 101. Mom, back in the day you used to put quotes on my mirror. I used one of those quotes with one of the Elders this week but it was definitely miss quoted so I was wondering if you could get me the full quote. It was something along the lines of "It takes a lifetime to build a reputation but a single act to destroy it". This particular Elder asked me if I am a sociologist ha ha. I took that as a complement of how much I have learned from dealing with countless of these situations. You just need to dig deep into someone and then ask them how they feel about what is going on...its getting SLIGHTLY easier, but not any funner. Oh! I also used the quote, "People should be able to see in us something of Jesus Christ, the way we act, speak, look, and even think should reflect him and his ways." It is important to realize that this quote is not just for missionaries but for all members of the church.

Grant: I have decided that I have a request for you. You need to make sure you stay with your piano lessons! A big regret of mine is not sticking with piano from when I was young. It is actually quite classy for someone to be able to play the piano very well. We are trying to have a Classy Zone Conference this week, but I don't play the Piano so I will have to somehow have to get Elder Hughes to Play something highly classy for us or something. Grant Bo bant fe fi fo fant, you need to stop loosing teeth! What are you going to do when you have no teeth! That would be a little awkward!

alright family.

Love you all

have a good week

Elder Blake Williams

No comments:

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones