TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Monday, June 25, 2012

Peter and Debbie have made large steps of improvement. Debbie who previously smoked more than our chimney (45 a DAY!) has quit smoking after only a few weeks.

Dear Family,

I am excited to hear about all of these family party/gatherings that are going on. I fear that everyone will be all partied out come mid July...Not that anything intense is going on during mid July or anything. Speaking of Mid July though, everyone failed to inform on whether or not Tyler and Kaylee will be in attendance in Canada or if I will consolidate them into my Texas trip. That is of course if operation Texas trip is still in motion.

Elder Byrnes informed me this morning that he spent last night in the Hospital. I tell you this story simply because it happened in my first area. But Elder Byrnes is the Zone Leader over my first area and one of the members of his zone got hit by a car last night. It is a classic miracle because this wasn't a near miss, but it was a full on hit that caused the missionary to hit the windshield and apparently shatter the windshield before flying over the car. Pretty horric!? yes, but it's alright! They took him to the hospital to get him all checked out and apparently he is doing quite well. He only has a bruised leg. The car was much more damaged than he was. In classic Africa fashion the lady driving did not slam on her breaks until after she hit him. That's a TIA. I wonder if he is going to tell his mother about that! Speaking of, I have a close call with a car story that I will have to tell you when I get home. Just remember to ask me about it. It actually also happened in Daveyton.

Speaking of T.I.A's. I was in the township the other day and I saw something for the first time. In the middle of the market on the dirty street there was a guy just sitting there like there was nothing out of the ordinary. Mean while he had about 5 or 6 cow heads that had been skinned. He was busy chopping the meat off of the heads and selling it. That is a definite T.I.A.

I am going to have a baptism next week! Thabo is being interviewed on Tuesday, her husband will be interviewed for the priesthood on Thursday, he will get the priesthood on Sunday, and then he will baptize his wife after that! It is going to be sweet. They are a great family. Elder Byrnes and I are planning on coming to their temple sealing whenever that occurs...

In other great news, Peter and Debbie have made large steps of improvement. Debbie who previously smoked more than our chimney (45 a DAY!) has quit smoking after only a few weeks. Peter who was equally as bad has significantly cut down but it still on his last stages of quitting.

In regards to this fireside that will be going on when I get home will I be able to show 1 or 2 short videos on a projector? I am debating on whether I want to show them or not, but I was considering arranging a couple video clips from our transfer meeting.

I will be putting some thought to the fireside, but if there have been any stories that have stood out to you during my mission that you think would be good, feel free to let me know.

In other news, I am so sold on scarfs! That mentally handycap place I told you about made me a scarf and it is SO sweet. I have gotten a few more, and everyone I see is asking me to get some for them. Lucky that it is winter here and it is normal to wear scarfs. It would be a little awkward if they were supplying me with scarfs during the summer.

Alright family, I hope everyone has a fun safe week. Please just let me know about any of the major plans coming up. I would much rather just know than to wonder. (for example, who will be at home, am I going to Texas, if Grant is still the silliest, etc.) PS. Would there be any visa restrictions if I wanted to tour london for the 11 hours that I have for my layover?

Love you all

Stay Classy

Elder Blake Williams

No comments:

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones