Dear Family
Mother allowed herself to Bold portions of her e-mail, so I feel that I should probably address that portion so I don't get in trouble later. About my Bilharzia. I collected my Blood work on Wednesday after our Zone leader council and took them to the Area Office to have a chat with the South East Africa Area Dr. His name is Dr. Calliahn and he is pretty legit. He deals with all the crazy sicknesses that all the missionaries in the lower half of Africa have. I took the reports to him and told him my concerns. He said that he felt much like the Dr did in the fact that I had nothing to worry about, but I told him about all the silly little comments all the members keep saying about Bilharzia and how it is a horrible sickness. He decided to look into it further and found out that although the sickness is not active in my body at the moment it is impossible to tell from the blood test whether or not it has fully passed. He and I decided that it would be better to just go ahead and treat the sickness anyway just in case there is any trace of it left in my body. He says that the treatment is actually quite simple. It is a day full of pills. He is currently organizing the series of pills for me but it is just a few pills at breakfast, a few at lunch, and then quite a few at dinner. He said that I should expect to feel a little sick to my stomach for about two days after that, but then we know from that point on that it has been completely cleared. So I have taken motherly advice, done my research, and will complete the process in the next couple days.
Some of my highs include:
-One of our District leaders mentioning how he has been working hard to improve himself ever since something I said in a Zone meeting.
-Looking back on the family sealing that we had last week (I assume I already told you about that.) It was so sweet, so that high carries over to this week.
-We have had a few new investigators this week which is very uncommon.
-The members have decided that they love us, so we are booked for the month already and starting to plan out July.
-We are just so busy which is so sweet!
Also from yesterday, we had a lesson with a less active lady. her sister (who is super posh) is starting to stay there and we had a good lesson with her. She is getting into Ministry school and she said that she had one question for us that she has never found a good answer for. She wants to know how is one able to tell if they are on the right path or not. Our times are much different from those in the bible, so how does one know if they are living a good life for the time. Her question revolved perfectly around The For Strength of Youth. The best part was that I actually had a for strength of youth pamphlet with me! It was the first day of my mission to ever randomly carry one. So it was pretty cool how I obviously brought it for a reason and it fit perfectly with her question.
That leads me into an assignment for the family and for anyone else that reads this e-mail. Read the new for strength of youth pamphlet before I get home. Cami can do it twice. It is so sweet! I have not yet read every word, but if I can find the time I will!
-Can everyone in the family tell me what shoe size they are? Can everyone send me the size in Male American sizes. I am going to try and get these sweet Africa Sandals for everyone if I can find them again.
-Mom, how long is my layover in England? My neighbor just got off his mission from England and he wanted to know to know if he should be giving me somethings to see in my time.
-I have a new companion this week. Elder Hare from Delta Utah. He is a bit quiet, but I should be able to open him up a bit soon.
-I think that is about it.
Stay Classy Family!
Love
Elder Blake Williams
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment