TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Tuesday, March 24, 2009

THE 10 VIRGINS

We are working on a play for the Relief Society in our Ward. It is based on the Parable of the 10 Virgins found in Matthew. My good friend Dina is in charge of the play for the night and she did a wonderful job at casting the ladies that would be in the program. We had all if them come and make their own lamps that they will use in the play. It was a wonderful way to make it personal for them and hopefully a treasure and reminder of the program afterwards. All TEN were there!! It was a touching and fun evening. I know that we ALL enjoyed it.

Here are a few of the ladies looking over their parts. Michelle hard at work crafting her lamp!
Karen and Krista
Darling little Lauren. Lauren says she has stage fright already. I'm not sure why as she has a beautiful voice!! She has time to calm her nerves... the program isn't even until November! Yes, we are on the ball!! We have Ms. Dina to thank for that as she is Miss Organized. And...yes, she for sure would be one of the WISE....
Everyone admiring Karen's creative flare...
Artists hard at work!
Creative juices are flowing here.
Our darling President Christine.
Krista and Angie...Rich and Beautiful!! But are they WISE....?? Krista and Angie?? Of course they are!! :)
Brother Gunderson (a master potter) came and helped with the evening. He was such a wonderful help and so supportive. Honestly I need him on the Enrichment board. Is that legal?? :)
The finished lamps. They were all so different and unique. What a fun night and great memory.

Stay tuned....as I am sure I will post pictures of the program.

7 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Matt said he saw you guys there before bball...Those lamps look incredible! What a FANTASTIC idea! Can't wait to crash this enrichment in 8 MONTHS!!

Angi said...

You are the BEST! Thank you for such a fun and spiritual evening.

It Just Fitz said...

LOVE the lamps!! This final program is going to be one we will all remember!!

Lauren said...

Awwww shucks Stacey! Thank you! You are so sweet! I really appreciate that!

It was so fun and I'm so excited to be a part of what I know will be an amazing, spiritual experience!

By the way, you are SO on the ball posting this so soon!

Love ya!

Melanie said...

all the things you miss not being in the ward anymore! I'll be crashing with Beth!! lol! great idea!

Heidi said...

And I am inviting myself with Beth and Melanie - really cool idea!

tiki_lady said...

I love those lamps and that the women got to make them! What a great touch.

Our HFPE counselor and leader chose to do the 10 virgins also!

I was chosen to be the virgin of truth, light knowledge and talents! Dang it, I wanted to be one of the Hawty virgins! Yeah, I know.... anyway, I can't wait to hear how your night went.

ours was very nice and spiritual. We also asked each of the sisters in the ward to bear their testimony. She comprised everyone's testimonies into a book and printed them for each one of the sisters in the ward. I really have enjoyed the book.

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones