So we woke up to a cold rainy morning today. I heard Camille laughing and bit of commotion in the kitchen but didn't think much of it. I later learned that Blake's work had called to tell him not to come in today because of the weather (He works for a golf course landscaping crew) Even though he has already graduated from HS he decided that since he was already up he would attend early morning seminary and take Camille. I was thrilled because that meant that I could stay in bed!!!! Cam was running late so Blake decided that he would make lunch for her. Now I WISH I had been up so I could have taken pictures but all I can do is try to describe what Camille was laughing about when she got home from school. She said that he duct taped the brown paper lunch bag shut and then put pumpkin stickers on top of the duct take. He wrote "Sister" on the outside. He made a sandwich and wasn't sure if she wanted it cut on a diagonal or in half so he did both! Then on a sticky note he wrote CTR, and Return with Honor and stuck in on the sandwich. What a kid! This was classic goofy Blake.
Boy, I guess I can learn from him. I have been pretty boring all of these years. I thought I was pretty creative writing "I love you" or something original like that!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
That is so sweet of him to do that for his sister!
I think he might be the sweetest thing ever! I would have been lucky to get bread in a sack let a lone notes and stickers!:)
Stacey, I love your blog! Tyler was over at my parents house one day and told us about all of Grants ism's. They are so funny! It's fun to be able to catch up on your family with the blog, thanks for sharing your experiences with us.
What an awesome big brother. I'm not sure who's going to miss him more when he leaves. You or the kids? What a fun memory for Camille!
Super creative and so sweet. I did get a good chuckle over the duct tape and sandwich cutting!
Sometimes I make Steve's sandwiches for his lunch when he is flying later in the day. I will write silly things on the outside of the sack, like eat at 11:25 for freshness, he gets so imbarressed and turns the sack the other way so the captain doesn't see my goofyness! It always makes for a good laugh!
Post a Comment