TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Sunday, August 29, 2010

Our First Purchase and My Meltdown! 6/2010

Of course before we had even unpacked all of the boxed Steve and Blake were scouting a new JOHN DEER tractor mower. I think that the entire reason that Steve wanted a place with land is so he could buy a John Deer. It is his Toy. Blake of course was just as excited as Steve and all he said he wanted to do before he left Canada was to mow the lawn! Ha Here Blake and Grant are doing just that. I am sure Steve would love Blake here now to mow again.
The boys mowing.

The day after we moved in as I was draining the bath tub the ceiling downstairs started to leak!!!! You pay several times as much money for a house in Canada as the one we had in Texas and THIS!! It was a very stressful time and the plumber charged me $1000 to fix the pipe and cut a whole in my ceiling...
Camille and Blake were great help in painting two rooms..this one that was bright RED and one that was bright BLUE. I will show pictures of the completed rooms later.
So... the move was stressful. Between the move from Texas and closing on the house here which by the way is so different then the way we do things in the States (it was a nightmare), to the leak in the ceiling and trying to get Blake ready for his mission. I was pretty much done. Oh did I mention I put Diesel gas in my non diesel car?? OK don't call me Barbie. Things are so different here and they word things different and the nozzle FIT ! I almost ruined my trip to Lake Powell. Thankfully I didn't destroy my car and they were able to get us on the road only one day late. But by then I had had enough and I finally sat down and cried my eyes out! I was long over due for a good cry and I took full advantage of the opportunity!
What doesn't kill you will make you stronger....well I was feeling maimed! :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Love the new purchase! :)

I think, after all you've been through especially, you deserve to have a good cry (or two, or three...)! A leak? Really?!! What is up with that?! So sorry!

Can't wait to see pictures of the house!

Love & miss ya!

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones