What a wonderful Christmas we had! It is amazing that Santa FOUND us again this year even though we are in a different Country. He always seems to know just what we need or want and he never disappoints us. Here are some of our highlights... 
We started the day with the best gift of all! We were able to call to the other side of the world and talk to our son Blake. (Elder Williams) Steve actually got up early to test the call to see if it would go through as we were missing a few country code numbers. ( they are 9 hours ahead of us) To our surprise Elder Williams answered the phone. We were thrilled to hear his voice! We all gathered around the speaker phone to hear him tell us about this new foreign land he is serving in. We enjoyed listening to him and asking him all kinds of questions from what his companions are like to what is the strangest foods he has eaten. He was his typical funny self. You could hear a voice that had matured and gained experience in his 6 short months as a missionary for the Lord. We closed the call with a family prayer said by Dad that I of course cried all the way through. It was hard to hang up but I was thankful to be able to talk to him with all of the kids gathered around. I can hardly wait for the Mother's Day call. (Above: Grant talking his turn talking to Blake)Tyler and Kaylee taking their turn talking to Blake as we all listened in.
After the call we had a breakfast of bread pudding, scones, fruit and juice. Then the opening of gifts started. Tyler and Kaylee are opening the gift that Grant wanted to give them...Tyler got an old football that Grant says is too big for him and Kaylee got a stuffed animal that usually sits on his bed! They of course loved the thought.
Joel and his 'OLD MAN" slippers that he wanted Santa to bring him so he could walk Carly out to the car in the mornings. The Utah snow was getting a bit to cold for flip flops.
Steve is looking at a gratitude book that Carly made for us on Shutterfly. She had each of the kids write a note of thankfulness and memories. She put in all in a book with great family and individual pictures. I of course cried again. What a wonderful idea and treasure. We both loved it! (Notice the Harry Potter reading glasses Steve has. We make fun of him!)
Tyler opening his i-touch. Each of the kids got an i-touch except Grant of course. He has already started to negotiate for an i-touch for himself. I told him it would be several years before he got one because what would Santa bring a 6 year old next year if he already had an i-touch at his age! Kids now days. HA
Grant trying on this hat that Kaylee made for him. I swear that Kaylee can make anything she sets her mind to and she does a beautiful job.
Camille showing off her hat and scarf that Carly and Joel got for her.
It was a wonderful day from start to finish. From the phone call to having the kids all gathered around. I did not have list of things that I even wanted to receive but I was blessed with such thoughtful and meaningful gifts. The book from Carly and Joel, Two framed pictures that Camille had taken in her photography class that she knew I loved, A handmade ear warmer and hat and two beautiful scarfs made by our resident Martha Stewart from Kaylee and Tyler, a book of memories that my Mom put together of my Dads life. I know she spent hours on it and even included a letter that she wrote about why she put it together. It will go down as one of my favorite Christmas ever. How the Lord has blessed me and I am so thankful for his goodness to the Williams family even clear up here in Canada!



No comments:
Post a Comment