TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

We left early Friday, Christmas Eve morning and drove to Johnson Canyon.  It took longer than we had planned to get there so we had to hike pretty fast but we made it in record time.  It was a beautiful little like.  We had never been there in the winter and I was so excited to see it all frozen over. 
The Family.
Camille, Kaylee and Tyler
Carly and Joel

Camille coming from looking at the frozen falls. It is amazing to me that it is actually all frozen up. It is a very powerful waterfall in the Spring and Summer.
We had hoped to see ice climbers but we weren't so lucky.  Maybe next time.  We had to hurry back...we ate lunch in the car and headed to our next adventure....

YEP. DOG SLEDDING...what else
One of our gifts to the kids was to take them DOG SLEDDING!  It sounded like a Canadian Adventure that we needed to try.  I think we all enjoyed it and it was fascinating to see the dogs in action.
Joel, Carly and Grant getting ready to meet their dogs.
Carly and Grant in their sled
.
Camille and Kaylee in their sled.
Joel ,Tyler and Steve hooking the dogs up.
Kaylee and Tyler.

Tyler and Kaylee.

The kids at the half way point.  It was amazing how loud the dogs were when they were getting ready to go.  They say they talk to each other and I believe that they do! We got to spend a lot of time with the dogs.  They were so friendly and sweet. We loved their names....Friday. Gizmo, Happy, Day.....the list goes on.
Camille and her favorite dog OJ.  He has one blue eye and one green eye.


Joel, Carly and Grant.
Camille, Tyler and Kaylee.
All of us on the frozen lake.  We are standing on about 17 inches of frozen ice.
Joel and Carly
Kaylee and Tyler (if you look real close there are dog sleds behind them)
Joel and Carly falling on the frozen ice...well playing around anyway.
Camille driving the sled.
Steve and I in the sled.
We came home had potato soup and corn bread, built this gingerbread house and worked on a family puzzle...then we went hot tubing!  I think the day was a full and successful day! Merry Christmas.

Kayle stayed to the bitter end with Grant putting the finishing touches on the house.

Working on the puzzle. Dad and Tyler were both reading the book about President George Bush. We watched the movie "Elf" (One of the kids favorite) and now It is time to get to bed so that Santa can come!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love it. All of it. What wonderful memories and fun times filled with family and love. I miss you and your darling, beautiful family!

Heidi said...

I am totally in awe of the dog sledding adventure .. how cool is that!! I bet the kids just loved every minute.

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones