TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Monday, May 16, 2011

It may be that point in the Mission where I get doors slammed in my face!

Elder Williams and President Poulson
Family,

Mondays are always exciting. The unique thing about this Monday is that I feel much has gone on since last email!



First things first, I received a call from President Poulsen on Saturday saying that I am being transferred. I am going to "one of the most beautiful cities in the mission", and I will be a district leader there. I still don't know where exactly that is, but beautiful city in Africa usually means white Afrikaners! It might be that point in the mission where I get doors slammed in my face, but only time will tell. I am excited for the new change, but am also quite sad for the change. I have really grown to love the people here in Lobatse. Many are sad to see me leave, and my feelings only exceed theirs.

Side note... this means you can start sending letters to the South African address again. I got South African mail this last week at Zone Conference and I got a letter from the Stanford family from Canada.  Please tell them thank you!

Zone conference was exciting! It was the last one with President and Sister Poulsen, so they did not let up with their counsels of life and suggestions for us when we return off the mission. Elder Hughes and I seemed to get paraded at Zone Conference. I finally got a little pin thing for completing my greeny check list (the award was 7 months late ha ha), Elder Hughes and I then got awarded ties for being the "most valuable companionship" in our zone, and we got a candy bar for keeping our gas records up to date. The joys of Zone Conference ha ha.

In other news we had the best branch activity ever this weekend! We had heard rumor that missionaries a year ago used to have activities with 50+ people in attendance. We have had activities but the attendance stays around 15. This week we had a movie night where we watched the movie the Testaments and we had about 60 people there!!! That is more than attends church! We were really excited about that. Having an activity with members, recent converts, and investigators.

On Sunday I was able to give my final talk in Lobatse. Once again I wasn't sure of exactly what I was going to talk about, but once I got up there I decided to talk about something very fundamental. Lately while street contacting I have started to ask people to question "What do you think is the purpose in life?" It is very interesting, because it doesn't matter whether the person has ever set foot in a church, or thinks he is the next prophet, NO ONE has been able to give me an answer! That amazes me. How can you be on this earth and not even know WHY you are here! In my talk I devoted it to telling the members about this and then explaining that membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints gives you the privilege of knowing the answer to this question that so many/most people do not know. I talked a bit about the opposition of all things and was able to read a few scriptures that helps me with the subject. Then I explained how we are to share this knowledge of the plan of happiness with those around us.

I was glad I had this opportunity to share something so fundamental yet vitally important with the members. I got many comments of appreciation following my talk. Quite frankly I am SO grateful to know my purpose in life, and even better, I am working full time to help others realize theirs as well. The things of the world are getting further and further from the ways of the Lord. Many see this, but few understand what to do about it. I am grateful for the time that I have to be a missionary for the Lord's church once again restored to the earth today. The church is so true. Share it with others!

Sorry the email is so short today, but I am out of time!

Thank you for everything

Thanks to those that have sent letters lately, I try to mention when I receive them so you know they got here.
Love you all

Elder Blake Williams

No comments:

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones