TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Monday, May 30, 2011

We have 4 in our flat..Cockroaches everywhere and not enough hot water for 4 missionaries to shower, but other than that it is all well.

Hello Family

I feel like so much is going on back home. It is always exciting for me to hear the updates of what is going on and mail is quickly slowing to the very occasional letter, so be sure to keep me updated in these emails.

I am sorry to hear about the recent deaths in the family. Like you said, it is a sad time, but it is very comforting to have the gospel in our lives during these times. It allows us to see God's plan and understand that if we are prepared, we will see our loved ones again.

Well for this week I had a few pictures that I wanted to send, but I forgot my camera at home, so you will have to wait until next week for those. I had a leadership meeting to attend this past week, but it was 4 hours away and was to take place at 8 in the morning. Elder Brey and I were able to make a road trip out of it, starting on Thursday and Getting back Friday evening. The trip up there was uneventful seeing as how it was in the Dark, but the trip back was quite amazing. I was able to see the beautiful parts of Africa...mountains, rivers, waterfalls, etc. I got many pictures, so be ready for those! (Speaking of pictures, have you received those pictures I sent to Grant, or the CD's that I sent with that missionary?)

The meeting itself was very good as well. Because it is this far from the office, it was a small meeting with only 10 missionaries. I felt very young in this meeting because most of the missionaries present (including the mission president and his wife) go home within the next two transfers. We get a new mission president in 3 to 4 weeks. Nothing too exciting to report from the meeting other than the fact that it was good, learned a lot, got a few pointers to work on. One of the main pointers that I took out of the meeting was about attitude. They spoke a lot about how ones attitude is everything. Our Zone is the highest goal achieving zone in the mission at the moment and much of that is said to be because of the attitudes. Will you have a positive attitude with the thought that you can and will do all that is asked of you and have a smile while you do it. OR will you complain about your area, companion, weather, etc. Attitude is everything.

The other pointer that we have received a lot lately, especially from Sister Poulsen, since she is leaving, is about marriage ha ha. In the past Zone Conference, Zone meeting, and leadership meeting, Sister Poulsen has chosen to speak on the importance of marriage. I don't really know what to do with this information right now, so maybe Cami can use it while she is in the dating stage? ha ha But it is often pointed out that the Mission is the MTC for the rest of your life. So pointer to Cami, when you are dating, and heaven forbid you get married in the next 10 years, be sure that you date and marry someone who will be/was exactly obedient on their mission. Many many young men go on missions, it is important that you find the ones that served faithfully on that mission. Enough about marriage...that is a ways away.

In other news, I was able to make that call to the insurance company, so I hope all is worked out there. If not, just let my mission president know again.
Church yesterday was quite the adventure. First of all we were asked to bring the bread, so naturally we forgot it and had to run back and get bread. Then we were asked to do the sacrament, so we did, and then as we were sitting down I was asked to give a talk. Right before I stood up an American family walked into the chapel! AMERICAN! You could tell they were American from a mile away, (it's exciting to see Americans). I gave a talk, not my best, but I tried with the notice that I had. Then the next hour, we were asked to teach Gospel principles, so we talked about faith (also a big topic at the leadership meeting). After that we talked to the American family and they have family living in South Africa, so they were on vacation. They have a return missionary son that is going to LDSBC before going to BYU, and a daughter attending BYU, so it was nice to talk to them about school, and everything else. After talking with them the branch president asked if we could teach YM's class. So we did. We ended up just having a discussion about missions.
Oh real quickly, Momma you asked about packages. I don't really need a package at the moment, but you wanted to know the things I like in packages. Pictures are always nice, ties are great, those socks are good, pretty much anything and everything is nice. Just not sugary candy (like the kind you suck on) everything has been great, so thank you tons!

Other that that, I get fed so so so much here. It is crazy. Nearly impossible to teach anyone, but we get fed 1-3 times a day!
Love you all

Elder Blake Williams

PS. Sorry! I forgot to talk about the district. We have 4 in our flat. Cockroaches everywhere, and not enough hot water for 4 missionaries to shower, but other than that it is all well. All the missionaries are obedient and everyone is getting along thus far. Both of our areas are looking like they will have success June!

No comments:

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones