TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Sunday, May 15, 2011

Like it or NOT I am 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was young, my brothers would always tease me on my birthday and say when I was born my Mom ran around yelling "May Day, May Day"  Because my birthday was on May 1st and I guess that my Mother was in distress.  It really happened, I turned 50 and it is me that is in distress!  It is painful for me to even type this.  Not that I had a birthday or even that I turned a year older it is just the sound of the BIG 50... Come on you all have to admit that 50 just sounds old.  That being said I had a wonderful birthday this year! We were traveling  to Utah for BYU graduation and spring break.  It just so happened that we would be traveling back to Canada on May 1st,  my birthday.  I was fine with that because I felt like this was a good birthday to play down. 
Well so much for playing it down....:)
LaNae made me this bouquet of 50 sucker that said "50 SUCKS" 
 My sister LaNae called before we left on our trip and said that she and Rod were going to fly into to SLC and visit with us and then she would drive to Boise with me and the kids to see my Mom and other family.   I was thrilled with that because Steve as flying to Texas for meetings and would just meet back up with us before he headed back home. We had a great time with Rod and LaNae and our kids. The day before we were to travel to Boise LaNae told me that Jason (her son) was flying through SLC on business and had a 3 hour layover.  She wanted to meet him for lunch before we headed to Boise.  I of course was fine with that and swallowed the hook and all it had on it!  When we got to the airport I dropped her off to find Jason and  I drove around until she told me where to pick them up. As I rounded the corner Jason did not look like Jason at all...it haven't been that long since I had seen him but  The heavy set dark headed kid was not any resemblance of the nephew I knew.  Then I saw my mother sitting there with her coat held up over her face...I am not sure if she was hiding so I wouldn't see her of if she didn't want to see me!  HA HA  It would have been hysterical if I wasn't so confused!!  I was within minutes of leaving to make the 6 hour trip to see her and here she sat in SLC.  My mind could not even compute what I was seeing or what was happening!!!  Why would my 86 year old mother fly to Salt Lake so that we could then drive the 6 hours to Boise??  What is going on I said....Camille said, "It's your birthday and we are not going to Boise.  We are going to Park City."  I have to say that with all of the plans over the last month...I had NO idea that Any of this was happening.  Even Grant knew a few days before and I did not have the first clue.  My sisters Dana and RaeAnn were on their way to the condo and we all got there with in an hour of each other.  Can you say GIRL PARTY!???  plus Grant.   They had rented this huge condo and it was so fun.  My sisters Dana, RaeAnn, LaNae and I all slept in the loft together.  It was a blast as we talked and laughed until we fell asleep.

The first night all of RaeAnn's kids and my kids at BYU came up for a yummy dinner that RaeAnn fixed.  We had a great visit and played with My nieces baby Cheyenne.  It a great time!  The next day we shopped and ate!  Grant "babysat" grandma some of the time.  My sisters Dana and RaeAnn are queen quilters and so LaNae had brought 3 quilts for them to help on as she was doing a quilt for each YW and YM in her ward that were graduating. We were so glad there were only 3!  :)  As a side note... my heart was so full of gratitude as I saw my sisters working on those quilts for my sister LaNae.   It was not too many years ago that LaNae was totally inactive in the church and here she was heading up this project for her YW as one of their leaders.   We would have done 50 quilts for this experience.  We would have hated it but we would have done it!!!  The next day we headed out to shop some more and ended up having a fun dinner with all of the kids in town at Brick Oven Pizza in Provo.  It was a snowy cold night as we headed back to Park City for our last night in the condo.  My sisters showered me with gifts that I loved and we gave our Mom several DVD 's of my fathers life the he had recorded of his time in the Army and the prison camp during WW 11 .  It was such a fun week. It made it worth turning 50 !  
Here is a picture of my 86 year old mother....Loraine.  We affectionately call her
"Rainer"
I am so thankful for such wonderful sisters....What a blessing they have been to me.  I can't imagine my life without them. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a fun surprise! I'm glad that you had such a fun time, I can't wait to do things like this with my sister's and mom! It was great seeing you while you were here.

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones