| It won't be long now.... |
Dear Family,
I mentally have had a challenge with comprehending the fact that I will be arriving home soon. I do not feel like I will have a very big struggle adjusting, but it has been a shock to my system the last couple days when I have caught sneak peaks that I will be going home soon. The first sneak peak was during my final interview with the mission president on Friday. He offered the prayer during the interview and he prayed for nearly 5 minutes just pleading with the Lord that I will be blessed for my service. It was a good interview, about 30 minutes. He complemented me on many things, from my leadership, to example, etc. But the one that hit home to me the most was when he said that he has never had a moment of worry about me. That he has never once seen me step out of character. It was something I appreciated, and I am thankful that I was able to serve under President Omer. His leadership styles are far different from mine, but because of that I was able to grow so much.
I also gave two talks in Sacrament meeting this week. The first one I knew about in advance and I stressed over it the whole week. My topic was simply missionary work. It was alright, My companion rated it a 77 out of 100. I felt that was a fair rating. The second one was quite spur of the moment. In the second ward they asked me to give a departing testimony, but it was implied that they wanted me to take quite a while. I decided to just take about 6 or 7 minutes, but instead of giving the same talk as I had 2 hours previous I decided to rely on the spirit. I found myself basing my remarks around a young man in the ward who was passing the sacrament for the first time. For some reason it just filled me with joy looking at this short, chubby 12 year old kid who was so excited yet so nervous to pass the sacrament. I saw that as a perfect example of the progression that we are supposed to experience in the gospel. I thought back to my first time passing the sacrament and fast forwarded all the way till now when I am leaving my mission. I really feel like I was led by the spirit on that talk and my companion gave that one a rating of 95+ out of 100. This young mans family also thanked me later for my comments.
A man in our ward that I had copying my pictures from that area onto a CD turned my pictures into a slide show which he showed me last night. It kind of hit home at that moment that this was real and I was able to see how much my mission truly meant for me. I have had many experiences for the good and bad. Through them I have gained a firm testimony in each member of the God head. They are real and this work is real. I am grateful to be apart of it and look forward to adding to it in a new way. Thank you for all your support during my mission. It has been the most difficult thing I have ever done. Nothing I have ever done can compare to the challenges of a mission, yet I am very grateful for every moment. Just like the young man taking his major step from Primary to Deacons quorum, it is time to take this step from the Full time missionary service to test me and see if I will continue to progress in the gospel, remain worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost, continue to Share the Gospel with Others, and eventually help my children on the path of progression as well.
I love you all very much and look forward to seeing you in the upcoming days.
Elder Blake Williams
PS: No balloons or posters aloud in the airport. If Grant would like to make some, please keep that at the house.
See you soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment