TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Sunday, March 1, 2009

Birthday Boy

Today is Steve's Birthday! You know you are getting up there if you have to buy 3 boxes of birthday candles to get enough to put on the cake!! Yep, He is 49 years young today. When we woke up this morning I said...Well do ya feel 49 today? He said no I feel 59! It has been a rough week at work. :) Here Grant is loading up the cake with ALL of the candles. Two boxes plus 1. We just had a few friends that he works with in church over to help celebrate. It took all three of these women (Rebecca, Michelle and Jill) to light all of the candles before they melted!
Steve blowing out the candles.
The fire alarms were surly about to go off!! :)

We have a family conference call once a month with ALL of the kids. It is fun to catch up all at once. The college kids call in and we all sit in Dad's office with the speaker phone. Today was a perfect day for the call as it was "Dads" birthday.

Steve has saved this map for years with the hope of framing it one day. I finally pulled it out and had it framed for his office as a birthday gift. It was a perfect addition.
How thankful I am for this birthday boy in my life. He has been more than I ever imagined and certainly more than I deserve. I have been blessed to have him as my companion. Happy Birthday Honey!!

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy birthday to Steve! I LOVE that you put all the candles on the cake! How fun! Did he blow them all out in one breath? It sounds like he had a well-deserved wonderful birthday!

Beth Ann said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Bishop!!

Great idea for the gift, the guys in our lives are so hard to shop for!

Tell Bishop good luck with the up-coming tax season!

It Just Fitz said...

49 Years Young!! Happy Birthday Bishop! I think you're BOTH wonderful. You truly do deserve one another! What a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday, gathered around the ones you love in your home or on the phone. It's the best gift ever!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday Bishop! I would have totally pegged him for 39!! Glad it was festive and the fire department wasn't involved!

Xela said...

Happy Birthday Bishop! Another person born in March, Love it!Sounds like a perfect day! We love both of you guys and your family!

Cherrie said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't realize that your hubby and my hubby's birthdays were so close...

tiki_lady said...

oh this was so sweet and what a great gift! it looks perfect on the wall! Dang, 49 doesn't sound so old to me anymore!LOL, happy belated birthday.

Angela said...

Long time viewer, first time commenter

1) I am really pleased that the Bishop finally got rid of his MONSTER monitor. That thing was like a fridge up on his desk.

2) I am really cool because I have the same "barn" coat as the Bishop. Carhartt Rules

3)I have been watching this blog for the last two years...It's really starting to get good. Some of the storylines could be - Did Cami pass her interview with the Bishop, will Blake be called on a three year mission to landscape the spiritual lawns in China, etc. etc.

Angela said...

Actually, the comment that says, "Angela said", was really what JARED said. Just wanted to make sure credit was given where credit was due. Hope you had a Happy Birthday Bishop!

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones