TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Saturday, March 13, 2010

Kaylee Turns 23....Blake and Another One Of His Famous Cakes!

Posted by Tyler: I guess Kaylee's Old Man Rivers jokes about me finally caught up to her this week as she turned 23! I can't really believe it, but we have almost been married for 3 years now! Kaylee is such an AMAZING person & I am so grateful for her everyday. She is one of the most kind, hard working, and talented people that I know. She is always teaching herself new skills - knitting, baking, sewing, quilting - it really is AMAZING because she seems to excel at all of them (okay, well Kaylee is not so good with balls but I think we can overlook that)! Anyway, I am not sure what I did to deserve such a wonderful wife but there is no doubt -there is none better!All that Kaylee wanted for her birthday was a nice dinner, so I skipped my soccer game (for those of you who know me, yes, this was a sacrifice) and did what I could. I marinated some tri-tip steak in a balsamic & rosemary sauce and we had grilled red potatoes and asparagus - I have to say that it was very good! Then on Friday we had Carly & Joel and Blake & Caroline over for a cake, wii, and Catch Phrase party! Blake has become quite the cake decorating master and showed up with one of his most impressive masterpieces. Due to Kaylee's knitting obsession Blake made a giant cupcake, complete with knitting needles & yarn! As you can tell from the pictures it really was very impressive - thanks Blake!


After cake we downloaded Tetris Party onto the Wii in honor of Carly's old e-mail address: tetris521! It is usually kind of hard to get Carly involved in the Wii parties, but she was into this one. All I can say is that I hope Carly & Joel can still be friends after Joel claimed the Tetris King title!

For those of you who haven't had the honor of playing Catch Phrase with Blake Williams, all I have to say is that you should make it a life goal! Every time we get together for these parties we try to do a round of Catch Phrase and every time Blake is the most entertaining part of the game. In recognition of the fact that 1) you probably have to know Blake to think this is funny AND 2) you probably had to be there; nevertheless, let me share a classic Blakeism from last night's Catch Phrase party:
Blake: Okay guys, this is another religious one. This is when you get on your knees at night.
Blake's Team: Pray!
Blake: Yes, but the active form...
Team: Praying!
Blake: [as time runs out] Oh wait, NO - it is actually an INSECT! I forgot to read the WHOLE word before I started! It was PRAYING MANTIS!
Anyway, maybe my mom will at least get a kick out of that but it had us all on the ground laughing for a couple of minutes! Thanks Blake for always providing the comic relief!
Posted by Tyler and Kaylee at 1:23 PM 0 comments

1 comment:

melanie said...

That's too funny! Great post!!

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones