TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Friday, March 5, 2010

My Man Feb. 1, 2010

Shortly after all of the wedding celebration ...reality hit us square in the face. Steve had to report to work on Feb. 1st in Calgary. He was released on Jan. 24th as Bishop. He had served for 4 and a half years. There were many highs and some lows but we felt blessed abundantly through it all. The Lord has a way of teaching and humbling his people and we are no different. I saw miracles take place in our life and in the lives of those Steve served. We have lived in Texas for 23 years and our roots run DEEP here. Our children were raised here and we love this place and it's people. The church is very strong in Texas and we have been blessed with many opportunities to serve and rub shoulders with some of the finest people anywhere. It will be very hard to leave this place and start over. I am so thankful that at least we will have each other and the church in Calgary.
Steve and I left the next day driving first to Utah to take Carly some of her wedding gifts and then spend a short day with the kids in Utah . We continued on the next day heading for Calgary. It is a long but beautiful drive. Although we had both grown up in Idaho. We drove through a lot of country that neither one of us had ever been to. It was nice to spend some time just the two of us and make plans. Boy is our life about to be full of BIG change. I helped Steve get settled in a executive apartment downtown Calgary. It is a nice EXPENSIVE place. The cost living in Canada is so high. I flew home to next day to start my life in Texas as a single Mom. I hope to sell the house here, get the kids through school and join Steve in June. Boy I miss him.

No comments:

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones