TEXAS WILLIAMS FAMILY...LIVING IN THE TEXAS OF CANADA!

HOWDY YA'LL!! EH?


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

OK OK....FOR THOSE THAT KEEP ASKING FOR PICTURES OF THE HOUSE.

When my kids asked me which house we made the offer on...I said "The Ugly house" .
So that is how it was known in our family.  This is what they call a reverse walkout in
Canada so actually this is the back of the house but it is our front.  You don't see
many like this.  It is sure nothing like the Texas homes but it has a ton of potential
and I LOVE the views!
This is the dining room.  If you look close you can see the whole in the ceiling from
the leak we had in the tub the day after we moved in.  Welcome Home!  :)
This is what Stacy B. called decorating at it's finest!  She put this together and it
looks great!  I am not sure what I would have done without her help.  Honestly,
she breathed life back into me.  I was so spent from everything that had gone on. 
It was so fun to get the juices flowing again.  I am sure we would be the number one
reality show if they filmed us working together.  We  bantered back and forth and
laughed a ton.  Just for the record..If I said alittle to the left, Stacy would say no,
a little to the right.  I noticed that she would finally see it my way but it added to
the fun! (Oh I can't wait for Stacy to read this! :)


The mirror wall.  Honestly this is one of my favorite things in my house. Not only
do the mirrors all have a story but Stacy's Mom Tish started this idea and she,
Stacy and I all have a mirror wall in our homes.  Mine is the BEST!  OK  Stacy's
is pretty great to.  

The Family Room
The view from upstairs.  One thing that I love about the house is that I can stand
upstairs on the landing in my room and see all the way downstairs. 
 I know exactly what is going on the house.
The kitchen table. I love the view out my back window.
This is as you walk in the front door
Looking out my kitchen window
My bedroom.  No I do not have the bedding I want yet.  It is a work in progress. 
I just haven't found "IT".  OH Please do not tell Stacy I  haven't found
anything yet... she may loose sleep over it! ;) 
Steve's home office.  It is still a work in progress as well.
Notice the cow picture that MBB painted. I want to get a W to hang over it. 
 Love it!
The apartment.  One of the things we liked about the house is this apartment. 
It is great for company or if we ever need to have Mom come and stay for a while. 
The apartment needs updated but it has it own kitchen and  washer and dryer. 
Come Visit! Just be mindful that Stacy calls this "Her Quarters".
This is my view from my front steps.  This truly is my favorite thing about the house. 
 On clear days the mountains are in full view.  It is stunning here.


The back of the house
OK starting right now.....The FIRST person that comes for a visit gets to take
this wonderful billiard light fixture home.  I have a couple of beer plaques that
I will throw in just for fun!   The homes here are so expensive and not at all as
beautiful as Texas homes....but there are some great things here as well. 
I think (HOPE) we will learn to love it here.  


7 comments:

Angi said...

Are you kidding me? What a FABULOUS home! and the view....amazing!

kteuscher said...

Your home is beautiful!!! I think I need Stacey to come to my house too. We miss you and your darling family.

Lori Ellsworth said...

Stacey, your home is gorgeous! I want a mirror wall, too!

Lauren said...

I love it, Stacey! It's beautiful! And the views are truly breathtaking! Thank you for posting pictures! I've been dying to see it! Miss you!

Jen said...

It's SOOOOOOO beautiful! Ok the Billiard sign convinced me, we're defiantly coming! I think we'll wait till the snow melts so see you in 10 months!

eden&mike said...

WOW is all I can say! The views are amazing. Im dying for something like that. Arizona is so dead. I can barely handling walking outside in the heat, let alone looking at the cactus and sagebrush. Im not a desert person. Hopefully this is just a stepping stone. But, man oh man. Your adventures are making me want to follow you to CANADA!

Unknown said...

Hello Dear Friend! I laughed so hard reading this because I know EXACTLY what you mean working with Stacy!!!!! She does the same thing to me. :) But we love her anyway! Jeff looked at all the pictures with me and we are planning a trip STAT. Well, I mean once it stops snowing. Love you!

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones