| The garden |
Hello Family!
How is everyone doing? Before I forget, Mom, I sent you an email with two pictures from this week. I have not been taking many photos lately, but those were two from this week.
Dad, thank you for your letters, they are both very long and I am short on time this week so I have printed them out and will get back to you next Monday.
Grant, you are a big silly!
So parents I saw your Canadian friends here last week! Even though I don't know them it was still pretty exciting. We went to the office and when I was getting mail (I GOT THE PACKAGE) this couple missionaries said hi and were like wait! your elder Williams with family in Canada!? And so we talked for a bit, that was pretty fun.
But yes I got your package! It was so exciting! We had a big party in the flat to open it up and it was so fun! Axel, they loved your ties! We actually played games to see who would get first pick in the ties. Lucky I won! and...I didn't get to read your note until about 30 min after opening the package, and by that time the Elders had already gone crazy with the toys meant for the African children...so..sorry about that. I still have a few things left I can give them though. It was mainly just those tablets you put in water and they form into dinosaurs. Yea...that kept them entertained for a good hour at least! And the pictures were amazing! Missionaries LOVE pictures! So you were asking me what I want in the next package..um...I don't really know. Pictures, Motab CD? Talks on taps? you know, the nerdy missionary stuff! CHEAP ties (I'm in Africa, ties do not last so make them cheep), and the lifesavers were good! OH! and the pens were amazing as well! ha ha
Speaking of packages though I started teaching this family the other day and when I went into his house I discovered that he loves to make painting like I did! I literally spent 30 min talking to him about his paintings and how cool they are. I attached a picture of my favorite one. and he paints them on a lot of different things. He had a couple that were on sheets of tin, wood, this carpet material, everything! So yea..I'm gonna need to baptize him so that we can remain best friends. But I have only met with him once so far and he already loves us, and the best part...he said he wants to make me a painting!! So my question is, how much would it cost to send a painting around the world? everywhere from 1ft by 1ft to 5ft by 5ft? Everywhere from $50-what? I may just have to make the investment to ship it home.
Also, if you have not yet bought the ctr ring, good! idk (I don't know)what my comp is thinking but we just measured him again and now he is saying 9.5 not 19, so I am not sure how measurement's work, but whatever one seams like it would fit me (19 or 9.5) just get that one)
So I have a couple stories from this week I would like to share. In the mission field you get to experience a lot of miracles, I would like to talk about two that happened. So early in the week we got a call around 7 in the morning telling us that we needed to get into the area to give a blessing. We asked if it could wait until 10:30 when we would be there, but they said it was to urgent, so we jumped in the car and went straight to the area. It took us a while to find this house because we had never even met this lady before, but we eventually found it, walked in, and found a lady very close to death. Mentally and physically she was not all there and we had no idea what was wrong. All we were told by her aunt was that she needed a blessing. This lady was so sick that she could not even sit up during the blessing. We left the house immediately after and I was expecting a call that day telling us that she had died, but the call never came.
Fast forward to the next day. We were tracking housed and we got into a house where a father was very very sick. We asked if he could come to the living room and it took a few min just for him to walk from one room to the other. He was in better shape than the lady, but in Africa, once you go down hill health wise, your body ends up 6ft underground. We talked to the man for a while and he said that he had been sick for 3 months. In fact he was so sick that he could not even watch the world cup in the next room. That right there just tells how sick he was because south Africans did anything and everything to watch the world cup. Also, the doctors had not been able to figure out what was wrong with him. We offered to give him a blessing and I was told to do the anointing. Honestly that was one of the times I have physically felt the spirit the most. I laid my hands on his head and when I said "by the authority of the Melchizedek priesthood" It was like I could almost FEEL the spirit going through my hands! Now I know that's not possible because the spirit is not physical, but that's how real it felt! Elder Onsongo gave him a blessing promising him that he would be healed. (I was a little worried about your promise to be honest because he was not in great shape) Anyway, we once again left and set up an appointment to see him 2 days later.
Back to the Lady. We went back two days after giving the blessing and did not find her in her house! So we looked around a bit and found her in the neighboring house, just hanging out in the front room watching TV! We talked a bit and turns out she is has HIV. But long story short with that one, not only did she not die that day, but she was up and about. We invited them to come to church and they said they already have their church....so we got nowhere with that one ha ha. We asked them to simply read the plan of salvation pamphlet (15 pages, bold lettering double spaced, half the pages are pictures) and they didn't even keep that commitment.
Now back to the man. We went back two days later and he too was not in! they said he had gone on vacation! So lets just outline this real fast. This man was stuck in his room for 3 months because he was so sick, we give him a blessing, he recovers, goes on a vacation, and fails to even call us to say he will not be at our appointment. But that's OK, he got back yesterday and we were able to talk to him. We talked to him a bit and he seams to be pretty excited about the gospel. Ill try to keep you in tune with that one.
Once again I leave myself with only a couple min for spiritual insight for the week, but Ill try. This week I was reading in second Nephi 29:6-9. The whole thing stuck out to me, but my favorite part was when the lord says "because I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished." This stuck out to me because here we have a lot of people that are against the book of Mormon, prophets, etc because they say it is the bible and that is it. That is really restrictive of someone to say that. To say that the lord has this short window of time to say all that he wants his children to hear, and not only that, but it has to all be written and documented (in the bible) or else he did not say it. This section also made me realize the importance of listening to modern day prophets. The lord is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He speaks to his children now just as he did in biblical times and it is just as important, if not more so to listen to his words now (through the prophets) than it is to see what he said to his children thousands of years ago. So get excited for General conference coming up. Get your pens out and take notes!
Alright my time is out!
Thanks for all your letters and prayers!
Love you!
Elder Williams



No comments:
Post a Comment